CLOSED: Bug and Bee

• Veg-friendly

Contact +66-22338118

18 Silom Rd (at /next to BTS Sala Daeng, Silom area), Bangkok, Thailand,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Flashy restaurant, has two pages of vegan options on the menu and a long juice list. Free Wi-Fi. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by w11guy

Terrible. Inedible. - Edit

I ordered a kiwi cooler. It tasted like chlorine. I ordered the okra mushroom lotus seed dish. Blech, awful, I couldn't eat it. I paid the overpriced 235 baht and left without eating.

They have wifi, you can ask for the password.

Pros: Interior design is modern, Right at the BTS station

Cons: Terrible food, Overpriced

Interesting food but not great - Edit

The vegan menu has some interesting choices but the food is not great. If you're in Silom and not that picky, or if it's the middle of the night, it's an ok fallback.

fusion type restaurant - Edit

When I went there with my colleagues during the vegetarian festival, I was very disappointed. Not only were the dishes expensive but very sweet and oily. Staff does not really know the components of the dishes. I really didn't like it at all. Dishes took forever to arrive and the waiters do not pay attention.

However, the place is clean and trendy looking. Unfortunately it is not enough for me.

Pros: creative dishes

Cons: too sweet, too oily, not delicious

Great place to eat and hang out - Edit

I live about 5 minutes walk from this restaurant so visit 2-3 times a week. It has two pages of vegan dishes on the menu. There are photos of most dishes, so you can see what you are going to get. I've tasted over half of them and have enjoyed them all. The food is tasty and healthy. There is free wi-fi and there are always a few people in there with their laptops. I have always felt relaxed there and never rushed. The staff are quite friendly and most speak enough English to get by. This is a nice mordern place. It's not flashy like it says in the description.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 25, 2010

It's now October 2011 and I don't go here much any more. Twice they have put prawns in my vegan dishes, so that's not good. Also they don't sell brown rice, which is a definite negative if you're following a healthy diet.

Pros: separate vegan pages on menu, pictures of dishes, open 24/7

Cons: no vegan breakfast or desserts, sometimes have prawns in vegan dishes, only white rice

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bug and Bee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1385 times since Mar 2010.