Bueno Y Sano

Contact 802-864-9900

213 College St, Burlington, Vermont, USA, 05401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican food restaurant with several locations. Has seitan, tofu, and mixed grilled veggies as filling choice - ask if you don't see one on the menu. Rice and beans is vegan. Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by veggiebird

good food - Edit

The first time I went here I was surprised by the shape of the tortilla. It looked like a Dinosaur egg to me! After that I pretty much stuck to there bowls. I love the setian and tofu options that are offered. The staff is also pretty nice. Overall nice place to eat.

Pros: more than one option for protein, huge amount of food

Great Burritos! - Edit

They have seitan and tofu and lots of other options to make the burrito to your liking. The portions are large and very very filling. The marinated tofu was amazing!

Pros: Taste, Options, Portion Size

Simple, healthy, real food!! - Edit

Lots of veggie and vegan options--beans, tofu, seitan, chickpeas, lots of veggies. The staff at the counter are always happy to customize your order too. Salad is a great and filling dinner option--comes with a side of rice and beans with roasted onions, peppers on top. Burritos are large, you can get even bigger size for like 50c or you can get the burrito with a side of rice and beans. This is our go-to spot every week after yoga class...and whenever there's too long of a wait for a seat elsewhere.

p.s. I would have given this place 5 stars, but this web-site only allows a max of 4 stars if the place also serves carnivores.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday October 15, 2013

Pros: real food, lots of veggie options, always leave happy and well fed

Great simple mex food - Edit

Salad was huge and grilled onion & peppers were yummy.also added portobella mushroom. Split 3 ways. Burrito s were huge amd flavorful. Can get wholewheat tortilla. Not cheap but good for price. Can get as hot as you want.

Pros: Seitan bbq or grilled, Huge portion, Lots of choices

Cons: Not cheap, Okay ambiance

Great choice! - Edit

We recently visited Burlington and found Bueno Y Sano on the Happy Cow website! We loved it! I had a HUGE vegan burrito full of veggies, rice and beans, guacamole, and salsa. They had vegetarian chili, salads, quesadillas, and many different other fillings for burritos. My hubby and kids who are not vegan also had delicious Mexican food! Great bet!

super tasty - Edit

my husband and i were super excited to find this restaurant while visiting Burlington. Great burritos and quesadillas and so many interesting vegetarian choices for fillings. They have beans, tofu, seitan, and tons of veggies. We have been a couple times and taken friends and have always enjoyed it. Not a fancy place, you order at the counter and they bring you your food but it is tasty! My favorite is a quesadilla with spinach and garlic, served with beans and rice.

Pros: tasty food, lots of vegetables, friendly staff

Return to Burlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bueno Y Sano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2852 times since Sep 2008.