American
Western
Fast food
Beer/Wine
Spanish

Small vegan restaurant inside Fañabe Plaza shopping centre since 2015. Serves burgers, specials, house-made bread, hot dogs, lasagna, Buddha bowls, starters and desserts. Food changes every two weeks. Booking needed because the place is small with few tables. NOTE: Opening hours are reported to be unreliable, check ahead. Open Mon 13:00-16:00, Thu-Sun 13:00-16:00.

Venue map for BuenaVida Vegan
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Salight

Nattyy

Points +2126

22 Feb 2024

So tasty !!

A gem, this place was a 2 minute walk from our hotel, Sunwing Fanabe Beach. Moderately priced due to area, well worth it though ! Super tasty, lovely vibe and really friendly staff, the mozzarella starter was insanely good. The Mac and Cheese for me was too lemony, menu does not say it has lemon on but yeah way to much of a lemon kick for me and was not expecting it. The lentil burger was a really good option, nice flavours, would have liked a bit more of a kick but would order again.
The desert - Semi Freddo was 😍😍 reall chocolatey !!

KatieChurchman

Points +20

19 Feb 2024

Hidden Gem!

Exceptional vegan food just a short walk from the beach. We're so happy we discovered this hidden gem, it's some of the most inventive vegan food we've ever tasted. We will be back for more.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-19

Pros: The vegan caprese salad , Tacos , Great shaded outside seating with a double buggy

PaulínaŽákovská

Points +903

13 Feb 2024

The best vegan homemade mozzarella

Omg this is a must when Tenerife. We had tomato-mozzarella as a starter, tacos and savoury pancake as main dishes and segafredo for the dessert, and everything was very tasty, colourful and quite healthy. Loved it !

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-13

Pros: The food, The staff , The location

Hbeer250

Points +62

05 Feb 2024

Great find

As you may already know, the vegan options in this location are very limited. So I was very happy to find this cute little restaurant tucked away offering plenty of options. It was no surprise that this restaurant was very busy and rightly so, my friend and I ordered the vegan burgers and were amazed by how fresh it tasted, and how they had their own unique taste, without trying to imitate the taste of animal meat, the vegbacon was very delicious!

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-05

Pros: Service , Quality of the food , Little Houmous surprise

sophiewadhams

Points +82

Herbivore
29 Jan 2024

Tasty and simple

Food was fresh and tasty! spacious outside seating, waiter was lovely and friendly ☺️

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-29

Pros: Homemade Tempeh, Bechamel was very tasty, Best Tiramisu on the island

Cons: Small menu, Small portions

alexandermanley

Points +19

Mostly Veg
29 Jan 2024

Good lunch

Very tasty starters and mains, very few options on the menu however

Pros: Delicious bao buns

Cons: Limited options

gudjonsi

Points +16

27 Jan 2024

Great Vegan Restaurant

Tasty food, excellent service, small but pleasant restaurant with great Vegan Menu.

Pros: Tasty food, Excellent service, Pleasant surroundings

Cons: Small restaurant but also with serving outside

danoooo

Points +20

21 Jan 2024

Definitely go!

Great food, nice people, quiet area away from the main tourist restaurants on the front. Didn’t need to book in January, but is a small place so book when it’s busier.

Pros: Tacos, Tiramisu , Gyoza

veganhat

Points +1022

14 Jan 2024

Unmissable vegan place in Costa Adeje

A lot of choices and very good food without forgetting the super friendly staff!

armoru2

Points +27

01 Jan 2024

The vegan place to eat in when in South of Tenerife

This is NOT an ordinary restaurant, This is a family run food heaven with a lot of LOVE and attention to details. I have eaten there hundreds of times since 2015 and the food and service are always very enjoyable. We spent Holidays and Birthdays here and all the family and all my friends have a lot of very positive memories from this lovely gem of restaurant. We really feel at home here. -Highly recommended, even if you are not normally plant based and just want to eat healthy for one day.

I never miss to visit, and you MUST book a day in advance to be sure to get a table!

Pros: The foods and drinks!, The service, Home made Gelato and Tiramisu...

Cons: Maybe not so easy to find if it is your first time, Always full, need to book in advance, Closed some days of the week

StephanieLagrou

Points +85

Vegetarian
21 Dec 2023

Zeer leuke plek en heerlijk vegan

De Bediening was top!
Buiten zitten op het pleintje op terras
Volledig vegan ❤️

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-30

mashter

Points +211

17 Dec 2023

Amazing place

Been back here lots in 4 years I've visited the island . The waitress betty is lovely the food is amazing

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-17

Pros: Caprese is great but so is the rest, We ate here 4 times this visit we both tryed all, Burgers a great Tiramasu is excellente

Cons: Non really , A bit difficult to find

gillyb68

Points +30

10 Dec 2023

A little Gem!

Visited yesterday to check out opening hours and book for today. Left with some cinnamon buns to go - yummy. Arrived today at 1pm, small but lovely choice of starters, mains and desserts. Between us tried the bao buns and goyoza for starters followed by Crespella and Crepe. Tempted by the home made ice cream but will save that for another day. Everything well-presented and very tasty - so pleased to find a fully vegan restaurant as have been struggling to eat out on this holiday. Have booked again for a few days' time. Would definitely recommend.

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-10

HelenPlant

Points +100

21 Nov 2023

What a find!!!

We visited BuenaVida Vegan whilst staying in Los Cristianos, we are so glad to have found this gem whilst on holiday! The food was outstanding, all four of us ordered something different from the menu, and we all thought we had the best dish! I had spaghetti, and the flavours were incredible, finished with tiramisu, which was the best I've ever had. The food is fresh, delicious, and reasonably priced. Lovely staff and a light, airy seating area. Thank you, it was fabulous, and we will return next time we are in Tenerife. :)

Pros: exceptional food

Cons: none

VegaNapoletano

Points +612

22 Oct 2023

Great Lunch

Inside Fanabe Shopping center, this little and nice restaurant has given us best lunch in our Tenerife holidays. As starters we had delicious Pan Bao, filled with Glazed Tempeh, Lettuce, Red Cabbage, Carrot served with Avocado Sauce and toasted Sesame Seeds, then amazing Gyozas with a filling of lentils, vegetables and marinated portobello mushrooms, served with soy sauce, ginger and sesame. Our main dished were Spaghetti Vietnam with tofu, vegetables, champiñones and edamame served with Vietnam sauce (soybean, ginger and sesame) and Yellow Burger (Lentil Burger, Lettuce, Tomato, Pear, Caramelized Onion, Green 'Cheese', Maple Mayonnaise Sauce, Turmeric Yellow Bread): both very pleasant. At the end we shared a yummy Tiramisu. Nice staff and high quality food. Reservation adviced (easy with WhatsApp), 5 stars experience.

DLG78

Points +65

22 Oct 2023

Outstanding

BuenaVida Vegan is an outstanding cafe/restaurant and a must visit for anyone looking for Vegan food in Adeje.

They are open Thursday to Monday from 1pm - 4pm but you can book a table via WhatsApp which is really quick and convenient. (I’ve read other reviews suggesting the opening times are unreliable, however this is not what we have found, they are closed Tuesday and Wednesday but every time I’ve contacted them I’ve got a table secured)

My wife and I came here for lunch on our first day and have been in total 5 times out of the 10 days we’ve been here, the menu is fairly small but that’s in my opinion a good thing, the staff don’t have so many dishes to prepare so the quality is higher, I’m told everything is home made and I can believe it, we haven’t had a bad meal here.

I have tried their “Vietnam” dish which is tofu with Soba spaghetti and also the burger with their own version of fake bacon, both were so good I had them twice!

They also do different deserts, home made cinnamon swirls and to my surprise homemade Vegan Tiramisu - something I haven’t been able to eat since 2017, it was delicious.

Overall a huge Thankyou to BuenaVida Vegan for offering such quality with a friendly service, keep doing what you do best as no where even comes close!

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-22

Pros: Food quality and taste, Menu, Staff

Pablo1965

Points +22

21 Oct 2023

Best vegan food I have found

This is the go to place in Tenerife for vegan food
Wish they were open in the evenings
Everything is delicious ❤️

Pros: Vegan only, Taste, Friendliness

isthatJulia

Points +179

21 Oct 2023

fantastic all vegan place

Although it‘s true, that the opening hours a unreliable and we couldn‘t go there the first time we tried, trying a second time was very worth it! We had an awesome lunch there, the food was amazing - definitely a must visit when in Tenerife!

Pros: staff, food

Cons: unreliable opening hours

GracePlant

Points +634

16 Oct 2023

Beautiful place

The food is the best here with a little free pre starter and the most amazing meals, everything we tried on the menu was unreal, we walked an hour and a half to get here and was not disappointed!🫶🏻

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-16

KataMarjatta

Points +38

14 Oct 2023

Five stars for sure!

We visited BuenaVida two times on our holiday. Nice menu, well made and delicious vegan food. 💚 Totally gets our recommendations!

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-14

NicolasG.

Points +42

13 Oct 2023

Leckeres kleines Restaurant mit toller Auswahl

Tolles kleines Restaurant mit 100% veganen Gerichten. Alles schmeckt top.

Pros: Geschmack, Auswahl, Bedienung

MatCogru

Points +30

30 Sep 2023

Outstanding restaurant!

Hard to beat vegan restaurant. High quality food and preparation. Delicious! Got completely stuffed for fair price! Will come back over and over again!

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-30

Pros: Delicious food, interesting menu, deserts

Cons: environment around the restaurant

keavih

Points +216

01 Sep 2023

Fantastic option in central costa adeje

Indoor and outdoor seating, lovely cafe with great service - amazing options on offer. Had the bacon special and it was absolutely fabulous and extremely filling!! 100% a must visit if vegan in Costa adeje 😊

JoshMcLean

Points +62

Vegetarian
26 Aug 2023

A lifesaver in a very non vegan island

Delicious food - lovely waitress - nice shaded quiet area to eat. Came back here 3 times for lunch.

Pros: Food, Service , Outdoor area

hed

Points +24

12 Aug 2023

Great food

Essen war super, obwohl etwas zu fettig und salzig. Etwas mehr Gerichte und vor allem Desserts wäre super .

Pros: Crepes , Geschmacklich top, Nette Bedienung

Cons: Asiatisches Gericht zu salzig , Crepes etwas zu fettig

komodore

Points +16

15 Jul 2023

Great place!

Good vegan food. Loved the tiramisu!

IamLisette

Points +1042

29 Jun 2023

Full vegan place!

But i expected more.. the crepe was very tasteful but the other options were not that good. Credits for the full vegan place but thats it. The gyoza and bao buns were not so delicious as it seemed to be. The gnocchi was full of tasteless cheese. The crepe with pesto and vegan mozzarella was very delicious instead.

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-29