Buena Salud

( 1 review )

Jr. Tres Mascaras 239 (at Arequipa and San Martin), Ayacucho, Peru

Simple vegetarian eatery with daily lunch specials as well as a set menu. Peruvian dishes like lomo saltado, sandwiches, smoothies, soups, and veggie versions of local specialities. Arrive before 2 for best selection. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: International, Take-out, Peruvian

1 Review

First Review by christopherjboyce

Inexpensive daily menu that may or may not be vegan - Edit

They have a daily menu for 7 soles. A few options. I inquired as to which of the options were vegan. I was met with a blank-puzzled face (which seems fairly common in these types of restaurants) and told that no they weren't (spanish not my first language so perhaps some language barrier but I think not). I'm not strict on my vegan direct personally when I travel in these kinds of places and so I took the meal anyway. It seemed vegan to my senses though - seemingly no eggs or dairy but can't be sure about butter perhaps.

I had a basic soup (vegetables and a few beans in) and then a chickpea and rice dish with some platano.

There is another very similar restaurant on the street parallel which I will add to happy cow. I'd say the other places is slightly better - with more menu options but again the same dis-clarity on the vegan front. These are the only show in town as far as I could make out.

Pros: Inexpensive, Quick

Cons: Fairly bland average food, Unsure as to whether dishes vegan or not

Return to Ayacucho Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buena Salud closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.