Buddha's Garden

Opened Feb 2014, this restaurant offers a primarily raw food menu that's gluten-free. Has cold-pressed veggie and fruit juices, blended smoothies, raw cakes and entrees like raw burger and raw pizza. Honey is used as sweetener in some items - ask. Location is next to Zen Yoga and diagonally across from the church/park.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by DanimalPanda

loved the introduction to raw food - Edit

Yeah, I'd never had the raw food experience before (besides salads & co. ;)) and I've loved it. Definitely going to try some dishes back at home.

In fact I liked it that much, that from my 4 days in SJDS I went 3 days. Wondering why not 4? Because one of the days was a Sunday, on which they close for a well deserved rest! (:

The women working there are nice, friendly & helpful, specially when having difficulties deciding what to get.

Ah, don't make the same mistake as I did! Because it's a vegetarian/vegan place I assumed, that when they write "walnut cheese", they mean actual cheese. That's why I ordered my pesto pineapple pizza without the walnut cheese. But they don't use any dairy in their menu. The only non-vegan ingredient is honey and that's clearly written in the menu.

Loved the rawsta pasta and the ice-cream. A shame I didn't had more days to go through the whole menu.

Go and enjoy! (:

Pros: rawsta pasta, peanut and chocolate ice-cream, "sour cream" from the Mexican salad

Love that this place exists - Edit

Amidst the bro culture of SJDS, it's nice to have this haven of healthy living. The ambience is tranquillo and everyone is super friendly, from the many Canadians to the two local front staff. The veg burger was really innovative and beautiful, albeit small. My friend loved her veg lasagna, it was unique and a good portion, and her berry smoothie was tops. SJDS needs more of this.
It's a half block south of the church, SE of the center.

Pros: ambiance, quality

What a great find! - Edit

Was shocked to find a raw vegan restaurant in San Juan del Sur! Try one of the smoothies, I had a green one that was amazing. The olive pizza is refreshing, deliciously seasoned and a real treat.

Pros: Smoothies, Excellent food, Great Atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Raw food in Nicaragua??!!! - Edit

Ok first off when i got into SJDS I expected to have to prepare all my own food and this is what I did my first two days until I hear about Buddhas Garden...This place was better than i could have dreamed of. They have an extensive menu that is almost 100% raw and vegan. The food is amazing, as good as anything I have had in NYC and California but at a fraction the cost. Juices and smoothies that would be $9-$12 dollars in the states are under $5 here and they had all the super foods and organic produce one could not hope to find anywhere else in town. This place also was attached to a Yoga Studio and had an amazing tranquil feeling inside an otherwise crazy little town. Thank you so much for this surprise. Best restaurant in the country hands down...In my bias vegan opinion hehe

juicing!!!! - Edit

This place is really cool, a nice place for anyone to hang out and have a juice, smoothie, and refresh. Get your grub on too!

It could be a lot more intuitive, and loving for we abolitionists- if the vegan menu items were labeled as vegan.

Pros: beautiful location easy to find next to parque cen, delicious juices, nice relaxing place with garden, yoga studio

Cons: pricey. $5 for smoothies, $4 for juice, having to read menu and ask, menu items not labele

Return to San Juan Del Sur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddha's Garden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1458 times since Apr 2014.