Buddhabar

Contact +39-041770618

Gran Viale 28/b, Lido di Venezia, Venice, Italy, 30126

Serves meat, vegan options available. Asian and Italian cuisine on the island of Lido, in a nice neighborhood. Menu, while meat centric, includes a seitan and potatoes, vegetable rice, a tofu dish, and a few Indian veggie main dishes (vegan upon request). Note the veggie samosa batter contains egg. Tue-Sun 11:00am-12:00am

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Indian, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by Tigra220

Protein, finally! - Edit

After weeks of pasta and pizza, being able to eat chickpeas, dahl, and tofu was wonderful. I've been here a few times and always enjoyed it. The food is a mix of Indian, Arabic, and Italian, so you can get (for example) a thali and a plate of felafel. It is worth going to the Lido on a rainy day for this.

Pros: Range, Service, Nice space

Cons: Only accessible by vaporetto (ferry)

Treasure find in Venice! - Edit

I happened upon Buddhabar Restaurant by happy chance while walking the streets on the island of Lido in Venice, Italy. We grabbed a table outside and were promptly greeted. The waiter was very nice, helpful, and knowledgeable about vegan food. He heroically saved the day by advising me that their vegetable samosas were not vegan-friendly. There were several vegan options from which to choose. I ended up doing a combo and creating my own dish. I ordered vegetable rice and the seitan & potatoes dish. The seitan/potato dish was so good, very flavorful and cooked perfectly. I added them to the rice, which made for an extremely satisfying dinner. I had enough left over to take away. The dishes were reasonably priced as well. Venice is not very vegan friendly, so I, for one, was over-joyed to discover this gem. I normally wouldn't give a meat-serving establishment anything above a 3, but I feel that a 4 is well-deserved in this case.

Pros: vegan-friendly, fairly inexpensive, knowledgeable, helpful staff

Return to Venice Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddhabar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3547 times since Aug 2012.