Buddha-Full

• Vegetarian
Contact 604-973-0231

06 W 1st St Ste 101, North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V7M 1A9

A juice bar that also serves coffee and tea, along with panini sandwiches, muffins, cookies, and raw cheesecake. Laid back atmosphere with art by local artists. Open mic and live music nights. All vegan except for bee products.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Canadian

First Review by Lola modern

Not vegan - Edit

I was under the impression that Buddha Full was a vegan restaurant/cafe based on their website but based on all the options with bee pollen and honey, they must be very "flexible".
Then the service was not very friendly at all, but usually I can let that go. And then lastly the food menu is not very inspiring: sandwiches are all prepared in advance and all appear to have wheat and Daiya, so I don't find that exciting and I can't eat wheat. I ended up having a chai latte with almond mylk which I thought was average. I will certainly not be returning for food there.

Cons: Busy, Service

Little Hidden Jewel - Edit

This is a very good place to have a great meal and be helped by a team that shows that they are happy to be there. I really enjoyed the sayings throughout the place as well. Good place, great food.

Pros: Good Parking, Great Team

Could be Very Good With a Few Tweaks - Edit

Phenomenal smoothies, best in town. Great pumpkin soup, great rainbow salad. Unfortunately, that's about it. They serve some very basic Indian food, pakoras and samosas, and some lackluster vegan paninis and wraps. Nothing other than the smoothies and maybe chili that feels very nourishing or healthy, and the taste isn't good enough to excuse the unhealthiness. Their baked goods are just alright, way too sweet and lots of non-vegan stuff (stuff with eggs). Unfortunately the labeling on what's vegan and what isn't is not super clear. They say everything is vegan except "for a few things" but that's not ultra-reassuring when it's not made super obvious what those few things are. They sell some vegan products by other companies that are quite nice (try Zimt chocolate!) but it's about 20% more expensive than at other places. The staff is also not very friendly. They're not mean or anything, just decidedly cold. But definitely go if you want a truly fabulous smoothie.

Pros: Great smoothies, Nice soup, Features other local vegan products

Cons: Not much healthy/tasty food selection, Unclear labeling of non-vegan foods, Cold staff

Wonderful vegan food and owners - Edit

A great atmosphere, the owners are really nice and knowledgeable, recommending additional vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants in greater Vancouver. The food was fabulous, we tried Rainbow Salad, a Green Smoothie, a Samosa, a Quinoa Almond Butter cookie, and a Chocolate Peppermint Brownie. There's so much more there I'd like to try! Very thumbs up.

Pros: Great food, Knowledgeable owners, Great atmosphere

Helping me get healthy! - Edit

I have just discovered this great cafe/juice bar last month and have since become a regular. The knowledgeable owner was great at giving me some ideas of what to order for my dietary needs, as well as keeping my palette inspired and wanting more. Unlike the previous review, I first arrived and was greeted by the lovely staff. I does get get quite busy, but for my needs, its the perfect combination of taste, nutrition and value for money.

Budda Full Experience - Edit

Atmosphere I found was a little cold and the place was messy. I tried the nut burger and found I was still hungry after I ate it. Paying over $6.00 for the burger, in my opinion, there should have been more to it. The serving size was so samll I was embarassed for the owners serving it.
Got a smoothie as well, it was just okay as there was not a lot a flavour.
I found the 2 owners to be * not friendly*. Not even a smile in my direction. I feel if you are starting a new restaurant it is important to actually let your guests know you are happy to see them.
I think the concept is nice for the neighbourhood, and I love vegan food, but am disappointed and will not go back.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 31, 2010

Return to North Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddha-Full closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2453 times since Oct 2010.