Buddha Burgers

Hatamar 2, Yokneam, Israel

Nov 2017 update: this vegan restaurant is operating and serving a menu of hot dishes, vegan burgers and shawarma, salads and sweets. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri 10:00am-2:30pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Israeli

First Review by Roadrunner

Buddha Burgers - Yokneam - Edit

I was so glad to find this place while working st Yokohama, it was right at the big G mall were I worked.
you need to go around the building to find it but when you do you reach a vegan Jewel.
I ordered the vegan burger with cooked potatoes,
the burger was amazing, rich with flavor and abundant amount of veggies, the potatoes were a bit cold and were probably reheated but I guess since they consider to be fast food restaurant they don't cook the potatoes on the spot.
oh, the sauces they serve aside the dish were great, was hard to believe it's all vegan.
quick service decent price, I defiantly recommended.

Pros: great burger, unexpensive , awsome sauces

Cons: potatoes were bit cold

Horrific experience. Stay away! - Edit

I will ignore the bad service due to the new waiter who started 2 days earlier and was all alone and concentrate on the actual food served.

1. French fries were sent back. They used burnt oil, so the taste was burnt, and the potatoes was still partly uncooked. Though I asked for all the food to arrive together, this arrived 10 min. before the rest of the food.. and was sent back ,to have a new fresh batch arrive right when we finished our meal without a word!

2. The shawarma in a warp : was 100% reheated or over heated. either way.. was dry.

3. The burger: the extra topping of cheese was served cold on top .. and the burger was semi-cold so the cheese did not melt . what on earth is the point then?

the service was bad.. but the waiter as i said was new. the kitchen? the owner was there.. and that place has been around for a few years, so id expect her by now to know not to burn french fries, to time food preparation so it all comes out at the same time, to not reheat or dry food and to serve burger at the right temperature.

the place is a joke and an embarrassment to restaurants and to vegan food in general. if i had the power id have them closed.. what an horrific experience

Pros: NA, NA, NA

Cons: Food quality, service

Worth a few hour drive - Edit

I used to frequent the Buddha Burgers in Tel Aviv, so I was really excited to finally get to the one in Yokneam.
Finding the place was tricky as it is actually behind/outside of the G mall in the Northeast corner. Also the parking appears to be free, but it is classic blue-and-white Israeli pay parking.

When we did get there, it did not disappoint. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had in a long time.

The place is immaculate, the service couldn't have been more friendly, and the food was awesome.

I had the hot Tofu and Mushroom salad and it was delicious. The whole thing was Mushrooms, Tofu, and String beans, in a light brown sauce. It was flavorful, jam packed with quality ingredients (I don;t even know how they make a profit on this) and the portion was huge. My wife had the Roast beef Burrito which is also giant and is the same as they have been making in the other branches for years. The burrito itself is bursting with flavor.

We also tried the Pesto filled Mushrooms app, which was tasty. but unimaginative as it was exactly what it sounds like in the description, and I actually preferred the light cole slaw it came with. We finished with Vegan Knaffeh, which was better than any real Knaffeh I ever had. What a treat!

Besides for great food, Amir the host could not have been more accommodating, and he even gave us a complimentary cup of juice.

Sadly the restaurant was almost empty the day we came, so I hope it can continue to make a go of it.
It is definitely the vegan jewel of the north.

Pros: Great food, flavors, portions, Very affordable, Certified Kosher and Vegan

Cons: pay parking

great food! - Edit

Ggod food & service

Nice - Edit

Nice service. Good variety. Reasonable price. Would stop again. Would have given it 3.5 stars if could.

Return to Yokneam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddha Burgers closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.