Buddha Burgers

Hatamar 2, Yokneam, Israel

Nov 2017 update: this vegan restaurant is operating and serving a menu of hot dishes, vegan burgers and shawarma, salads and sweets. Open Mon-Tue 10:00am-7:00pm, Wed-Thu 10:00am-9:00pm, Fri 10:00am-2:30pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out, Fusion, Israeli

First Review by Roadrunner

Worth a few hour drive - Edit

I used to frequent the Buddha Burgers in Tel Aviv, so I was really excited to finally get to the one in Yokneam.
Finding the place was tricky as it is actually behind/outside of the G mall in the Northeast corner. Also the parking appears to be free, but it is classic blue-and-white Israeli pay parking.

When we did get there, it did not disappoint. It was one of the best restaurant experiences we've had in a long time.

The place is immaculate, the service couldn't have been more friendly, and the food was awesome.

I had the hot Tofu and Mushroom salad and it was delicious. The whole thing was Mushrooms, Tofu, and String beans, in a light brown sauce. It was flavorful, jam packed with quality ingredients (I don;t even know how they make a profit on this) and the portion was huge. My wife had the Roast beef Burrito which is also giant and is the same as they have been making in the other branches for years. The burrito itself is bursting with flavor.

We also tried the Pesto filled Mushrooms app, which was tasty. but unimaginative as it was exactly what it sounds like in the description, and I actually preferred the light cole slaw it came with. We finished with Vegan Knaffeh, which was better than any real Knaffeh I ever had. What a treat!

Besides for great food, Amir the host could not have been more accommodating, and he even gave us a complimentary cup of juice.

Sadly the restaurant was almost empty the day we came, so I hope it can continue to make a go of it.
It is definitely the vegan jewel of the north.

Pros: Great food, flavors, portions, Very affordable, Certified Kosher and Vegan

Cons: pay parking

great food! - Edit

Ggod food & service

Nice - Edit

Nice service. Good variety. Reasonable price. Would stop again. Would have given it 3.5 stars if could.

Return to Yokneam Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Buddha Burgers closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.