CLOSED: Buddha Burgers - Yehuda HaLevy

03-5101222

Yehuda HaLevy Str. 21, Tel Aviv, Israel

The flagship location of Buddha Burgers in Israel, this is a vegan restaurant which offers a variety of food such as burritos, veggie burgers, veggie dogs, baked falafel, sandwiches, desserts, breakfast items, and other warm dishes. Features a self-serve salad bar. Seats 50. NOTE: June 2016 reported to be closing soon, please let happycow know when it does! SEP 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, International, Western, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, Israeli

First Review by viacapricorn

Restaurant Closed on Aug. 16, 2016 - Edit

This restaurant closed. According to website, it sounds like owners are looking for a buyer. :-(

disappointing - Edit

I loved the deco here and I loved the smoothie with parsley and how big and helpful the menu is and how health conscious the place is. However apart from this, both times we came we were disappointed. The first time we ordered fries which according to the menu come with cheese sauce but when I asked after they were served, they said I was wrong. The cheeseburgers were tasty but no better than any other vegan burger. The second time we ordered curry pasta, schnitzel and the seitan fingers. The pasta was nothing special and the schnitzel dish was extremely dry. Eating this food felt like a task because of how dry and not very tasty it was. Although the seitan fingers were one of the closest things to meat I have had as a vegan, they were really far too chunky and also very difficult to eat. Amazing message but surprisingly, probably the worst place we ate during our stay in Tel Aviv. I imagine there are some delicious dishes here but after 2 disappointing experiences I would just stick to somewhere else with consistently good food.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-29

Gluten Free Vegetarian Heaven. - Edit

I love that Israel has so many vegan restaurants popping up. However as someone who is gluten free as well (not by choice) I am always excited when I have so many options. You know someone who has allergies is in heaven when there are so many options you actually can't pick because this NEVER happens. Definitely going back to try something else on their menu.

Pros: gluten free options , vegan

Cons: not their fault but they are right across from som

Fast food - Edit

Buddha Burgers is a place where you get good fast food, but they have some healthy and raw dishes too. So they have more to offer this year. I still prefer to go there for a dessert. I had the pizza and a burrito and both were delicious.

It was really clean when I had been there and the staff was really friendly. I had a few questions about the shirts you can purchase there and they politely answered me and told me a little about 269 (a little, because I already knew about 269).

Pros: friendly staff, great fastfood, delicious desserts

Vegan fast-food - Edit

I really enjoyed the food here. Not the healthiest thing I could have eaten but that is not the reason to eat at a place like Buddha Burgers. Staff was nice and the food was delicious. Would certainly eat here again the next time I'm in Israel.

Pros: delicious food , friendly staff, large portions

overall favourite vegan place in tel aviv - Edit

They have a large menu of sandwiches, burgers, salads, bowls, pasta plus juices and great desserts! Really enjoyed the ravioli. The chocolate soufflé, chocolate mousse cake and strawberry cheesecake were amazing! Love the outdoor patio. Friendly staff! They also have an English menu.

was better last time - Edit

We loved our meals at Buddha Burgers the last time we were in Tel Aviv. This time not so much. The food was "ok' but the place was dirty and the staff wasn't too friendly. Willing to chalk it up to an off night. Willing to try again the next time we're in Tel Aviv.

Perhaps better for taking out a burger now.

Spent a lot of time and money here :) - Edit

This restaurant was so close to the place where i stayed that i`ve spent really a lot of time here and tried many different dishes - my favourite fast food restaurant

Not more than OK - Edit

A large variety of dishes. I really like the burrito and the egg salad, but some dishes were just awful (like the fried potatoes). BTW The place needs a serious cleanup!

Pros: Cheap, Large variety

Cons: The place is very dirty!

Super cute, friendly, cosy place for a meal - Edit

Great variety of vegan dishes, sauces, salads, drinks, and desserts. We had a great dinner here of original buddha burgers with some sides and then we sampled most of the chocolate desserts. They even had Isa Chandra Moskowitz's peanut butter chocolate pillows, and they made them a lot better than I do! Awesome!

Pros: desserts, buddha burgers, variety

Great brunch - Edit

I've been there like a dozen times now and highly recommend to have the brunch on Fridays (11.00-16.00pm). It is much cheaper than having dinner there on other days if you consider the variety; and I consider the food much better as well. You get a medium-sized plate for 38 Shekel which is really inexpensive im comparison to other places in Tel Aviv and it's almost more than you can eat :-) I had the big one once and it was way too much.
I decided to go there only on Fridays.

Pros: cheap, huge variety

Cons: no service

a vegan establishment - Edit

this place probably got the largest selection of vegan food. every friday they have a buffet branch which is great and for a good price.

Pros: big selection, good prices

Cons: a bit crowdy , too casual- not for romantic dinners

great place - Edit

huge selection
best place in Israel for fairly priced vegan fast food
don't miss the friday buffet

Pros: vegan fast food

Nice salad bar, good burgers, nice vibe - Edit

I was in town for a day looking for some good veg options. This place filled the bill. I like that you can just walk in and make a salad, and it's priced by bowl size, not by weight. Burger was good. Great option for someone who doesn't speak the language. It seemed like everyone on staff spoke English. I try to blend in and learn a few words in any country I visit, but when one can't even read the alphabet, this sure helps.

Pros: Good salad bar, Fair prices, English speaking

Depends what you order - salad bar is the best - Edit

Depending on what you order, the food can be good or so so. The burgers are good. Burritos are yummy. The "Buddha plates" is ok, the sides are not that appetizing. I think they would do much better if they shortened the menu (They really have anything you can imagine).

The salad bar in my opinion is the best you can go for - Lots of veggies, tofu, seitan, dressings. Maybe some big leaves of lettuce would be nice but I know people in Israel prefer chopped up salads.

The desserts were absolutely delicious. YUMM! I would consider visiting just for dessert. Especially the chocolate mousse cake.

Last thing... I know they want to be healthy and stuff and I totally respect that but a burger needs a side of fries! It should at least be an option. Also, not everything has to be wholewheat to be healthy. In my opinion you should be able to choose.

Pros: Desserts, Salad Bar

food is cheap - Edit

Decided to try the place out based on the reviews on Happycow website. Had three different dished, tasted ok. The place could be cleaner. The food is cheap, about 30-40 shekel for each item on the menu.

Pros: vegan

buddha burgers - Edit

Nothing special. The butternut squash soup was delicious. I asked for a recommendation of something healthy and the waitress suggested the lentil curry bowl with over-fried lentil balls. She was kind enough to exchange it for the Hungarian goulash bowl. I would have rather had Israeli salads instead.

Pros: everything is vegan , many options

Cons: crowded

Food is nice - Edit

Let us start by stating that we are the positive kind, we love good food and are critical but also try to look at the full half. So the food is nice , the menu isn't creative,, it is more of a vegan snack bar kind of food, burgers wraps some warm dishes and a salad bar..but for what it is it tastes good. The place is dirty though and unfortunately one of us even got sick after eating there ;-(...really sick. Now, in Israel in 38 degrees in the summer one should keep super high hygiene standards but this isn't the case here. It is kind of a pity because we would have liked to like the place , but there are other better vegan options in town that are cleaner and safer to eat at.

Return to Tel Aviv Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Buddha Burgers - Yehuda HaLevy closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.