First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++

Awesome! - Edit

We spent 3 days in Singapore and had to go to Bownice every single day because the food was so awesome that we didn't dare to try another place. My favorite was the lasagna and the hazelnut icecream (it tastes just like Nutella)

Great pizza and to-die-for ice cream - Edit

The pizzas can be a little hit and miss (tasty, but a tad dry) but involve some interesting flavour combinations. I don't think there's much more to be said about the enormous, and incredible luxuriant ice-cream spread available.

Pros: Excellent food

Cons: Slightly inaccessible

enjoyed a lot - Edit

Brownie was very good and only $4, vanilla ice-cream tasted a bit like ribena to me not best flavor, however dark chocolate was so delicious. Recommend ice-cream you can test it for free (should have tested vanilla

Pros: yummy , low fat

Cons: didn't like the taste of vanilla

Nice place, but choice to eat limited - Edit

Went there yesterday with a friend. Shared 2 pizzas and also had icecream. Pizza were nice, but I would have liked to have a salad to go with it (the least you can expect from a vegetarian - yes I do like green!). But food is limited to only pizza... This is in fact much more an ice-cram / tea place. In other words, it's a good place for a desert or afternoon tea, but it could be largely improved for lunch/dinner by adding more choice to the menue. I hope they will!

Pros: pizza a good, liked the vegan icecream, staff is nice

Cons: very limited choice if you have lunch

Amazing! - Edit

Brought my parents along to Brownice a few days ago and they absolutely loved it! They are non-vegans and they simply enjoyed the food there.

The classic pizza was incredible. It was light and yet filling at the same time! My mother ordered waffles with a scoop of ice cream, and she couldn't stop raving about it. She even said it tasted better than non vegan waffles! The pure hazelnut ice cream flavour is definitely a must-try! Not too rich & sweet.

Service was very efficient and friendly! The cost of the items are also very reasonable & cheap considering the portions. Will definitely be back for more!

Pros: Great food, Efficient service, Friendly staff

Delicious! One of my favourite places in SG! - Edit

I love brownice! Everything is vegan, the ice cream is creamy, delicious and they always have different creative special flavours. You can try different ice creams before having to choosing which ones you'll have. The waffles are yummy and their fudge brownie is one of the best brownies I've ever had! Must try :) so fudgy and full of chocolate! I've been there lots of times and the staff is always nice and happy :) you can easily spend a lot of time there, just bring a good book! The pizzas are also nice, creative combinations, Asian fusion I'd say. They're good but not comparable to a original Italian one. But still worth a try. Prices are reasonable too! Not really more expensive than normal ice cream shoos in Singapore - but at brownice everything's handmade, fresh, healthy and vegan, so that's great value! As I said, I love it :)

Delicious! - Edit

I happened to be lucky to live near this place when I was singapore. Very delicious vegan ice cream! Another plus was their waffles, the only gluten free waffles I've found in an ice cream shop in Singapore. When I spoke to the manager, she mentioned they use non refined cane super and rice milk to make their ice cream. My favorites were the dark chocolate, hazelnut and durian. I believe an average cup was almost $4. Pretty average price for ice cream.

In Singapore, It's hot, it's humid, so if you're craving ice cream, this is the nicest and healthiest option. Oh, and they have free alkaline water for guests.

Pros: Delicious ice cream, Healthiest ice cream shop in Singapore, Serves free alkaline water

My favorite vegan ice-cream - Edit

It's strange to put brown rice to make ice-cream and I found that doesn't suit with all flavours but if you like peanut butter you must try this one !!! It's the best ice-cream I've ever tasted :) Also they have vegan cones and waffles who are delicious, cakes and for the one who prefer salty stuff, mushroom toasts. You will have to take a bus from the MRT station.

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brownice - Sin Ming Centre closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2603 times since Aug 2013.