CLOSED: Brother Tim's Vegetarian Fast Food

Contact 773-375-4722

1711 E 87th St (at S Story Island Ave), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60617

Brother Tim had opened a health food store on the south side of Chicago in 1976. His children have open this eatery in the summer of 2010. The menu features tacos, vegetarian fish nuggets, veggie burgers, peach and blueberry cobblers, and BBQ steaklets. Reported closed to HappyCow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by SynthVegan

Best Vegan Tamale ever! - Edit

Order ahead for carry out or eating in, and your food is always hot, and on time.
This place is great, so many options to choose from, adn they all taste great. Vegans make sure to ask for the soy cheese and the soy mayo. Soy chicken sub or sandwhich is fantastic. If you can do fried food the 'fish chips' and mushrooms are spectacular. If you need a healthy meal or raw dish, they have that too!
They have specials during the week, taco Tuesdays and Thursdays with dollar tacos (either beef style or soy chicken style)Fridays if you get a sub you get free fries (real fries). They have a few desserts and their own homemade lemonades too.

I hesitate to put this, cuz I don't want them to run out, but they have THEE BEST chili tamale in the world. You can order hot or mild, either wayit is so yummy!

This review is making me drool just thinking about that tamale.

Pros: Variety, Price, Taste

Cons: Not open Sundays

Needs Work - Edit

I visited this restaurant twice. The menu is creative, however on both occasions I ordered something on the menu that they were out of. There was a pretty young lady working the register, who failed to offer me an alternative choice. What they did have tasted good, however their portion size is very small.

Pros: taste, price

Cons: portion, unavailable menu items

South Side Veg*n - Edit

Hooray for another south side veggie restaurant! Brother Tim's is a fast-food style (minus the fast part) restaurant serving good vegan/vegetarian food on the south side. They have lots of sandwiches, burgers, tacos, pizza's, etc. And if you go on Tuesday, be prepared for their "Taco Tuesday" special - $1 tacos all day. I ordered the soy chicken sandwich, a veggie beef taco, and an avocado taco (it was Taco Tuesday!). All the food was decent, but I'm not sure that I would order the chicken sandwich again. My friend really liked the BBQ Staklet so I'm sure that will be the next item I order. We ended our meal with the oatmeal squares. They were good, but could have used more sugar - on the positive side, they were probably healthier that way. Brother Tim's is worth checking out, 3-3.5 cows.

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Brother Tim's Vegetarian Fast Food closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2073 times since Oct 2010.