Brooklyn Street Local

313-262-6547

1266 Michigan Ave (at Brooklyn St), Detroit, Michigan, USA, 48226

Serves meat, vegan options available. Within walking distance of downtown, has vegan choices which are clearly marked, using such ingredients as tempeh, tofu and Daiya cheese. Local sourcing of most ingredients. Also has an espresso bar. Basic diner interior. Wi-fi. Brunch Sat and Sun. Open Tue-Fri 8:00am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by veglvr88

Nice food - Edit

Nice diner with relaxed atmosphere and very friendly service. Bunch of vegan options, I had a burger which was really nicely done. Prices are decent. Good place.

Love the poutine - Edit

I really enjoy this restaurant. They have a few vegan options on the menu. They have great tempeh bacon and their poutine is delicious. The tofu scramble is getting better every time I go there, but it's still not top notch though. The servers are really nice, but the service is sometimes slow. They can't accompany large parties very well, but if you're coming with one or two other people, you'll be just fine .
Updated from previous review on Tuesday July 29, 2014

Pros: Friendly staff, Unique vegan options

Cons: Slow service, Small restaurant

Great Option for Vegans and Non-Vegans - Edit

We've dined here a few times. They have several brunch and lunch options for vegans and the menu is well labeled for dishes that are or can be made vegan. We tried the Banana Walnut Pancakes, the Vegan Breakfast, which includes a tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, home fries, and greens. There is also a variation of this breakfast that includes a poutine. When we are with non-vegans, this restaurant is a great option. However, I don't know that we would go on our own for the vegan choices. While very good, there are better vegan options nearby for brunch.

Pros: Nice eclectic, atmosphere, Free coffee on patio while you wait, Friendly staff

Cons: Vegan choices could be tastier

great option for vegans for brunch and lunch - Edit

What a wonderful addition to the quickly growing Corktown entertainment district. Good little lunch and brunch spot. The first time I went I had a tofu scramble. The second time I thoroughly enjoyed the hangover special made vegan (vegan poutine!). Lots of vegan options and delicious coffee. They also use local sourced ingredients. I have had no problems with the service.

Pros: Unique vegan options

Great for vegans and non-vegans - Edit

I tried this place for the first time. The Sunday brunch menu was great! There were many vegan and vegetarian options. I had the hangover cure... a tofu scramble, with a side of maple tempeh bacon, and fries topped with mushroom gravy and vegan cheese. I will definitely be back again.

Pros: Many vegan options, Great food

Cons: Crowded

Return to Detroit Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brooklyn Street Local closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2078 times.