Brooklyn Standard Deli

Contact 718-472-2150

188 Nassau Ave (at Diamond), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11222

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has vegetarian and vegan sandwiches. Hot foods bar priced per pound.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by RichBeBe

Great vegan breakfast sandwiches - Edit

Ate her twice recently, and the vegan breakfast sandwich is great. Choose a bagel of any kind, and it comes with vegan cream cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos and your choice of tempeh bacon or soy sausage.

They also have a full coffee bar with your choice of soy, rice, almond or help milk, which I thought was awesome.

Pros: Quick vegan food, More than 1 kind of non-dairy milk

Cons: Serves meat

don't do delivery? - Edit

tried them for delivery and it was a nightmare. after waiting an hour delivery guy shows up with our chips and sodas with no sandwiches! tried to argue that that was all we ordered, like I would place a delivery order for two sodas and a bag of chips, ha. finally came back another hour later with the sandwiches

Awesome Sandwiches - Edit

I have had two sandwiches there, the first was a French Dip that was awesome, the second was a Jerk Seitan which might be the best vegan sandwich in NYC in my opinion. They also have a great selection of premade vegan salads, and dishes in the fridge and freezer.
My only complaint would be if they washed the grill between cooking non-vegan and vegan food, versus just scrapping it. I know most places don't but you can see it, if that bothers you.

Pros: Great Sandwiches

Cons: No Seating

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brooklyn Standard Deli closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 874 times since Feb 2010.