CLOSED: Broken Grounds

617-969-3535

1182 Walnut St (at Newtown Highlands), Newton, Massachusetts, USA, 02461

Coffee shop cafe situated one block from Highlands stop on the D-line. Offers veggie wraps, salads, quinoa & brown rice bowls, juices, smoothies, acai bowls, espresso drinks, and pastries. Confirmed closed Sep 2017.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by JulieS

Nice big selection for vegans! - Edit

I stopped in here with a friend while passing through on a road trip, and I'm so glad I did! I got a tofu wrap and an interesting lavender soy latte. I wish I had time to try more of their menu since it's so extensive! They have acai bowls, wraps, salads, bagels, smoothies...everything. My non-vegan friend enjoyed her egg sandwich and smoothie. I think the only issue is the size of the place...only a few small seats and not much room to wait either. But definitely worth it!

Pros: big selection, tasty food, friendly staff

Cons: very tiny!

Great Coffee Shop & Cafe! - Edit

Some friends and I came here today for lunch to check out the vegan items. Their selection was great! We had our order taken and prepared by the owner herself, who was very friendly. I had an "everything" bagel sandwich and it was delicious! They had excellent coffee too. :)

Pros: Friendly Staff, Delicious Food, Good Prices

Return to Newton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Broken Grounds closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.