Broke Ass Pizza

Contact 832-548-0471

1323 Rosewood St, Houston, Texas, USA, 77004

Makes vegetarian and vegan pizzas, plus breadstix and calzones. Co-op focussing on organic, locally grown seasonal vegetables as the main toppings for pizza. Uses southern flavors coupled with indigenous African inspiration. Operates from a residential location and is ran as a worker-owned business. Previously located at Anita St. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 1:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Organic, Delivery, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by WEARERISING

Great Pizza Option - Edit

Broke Ass Pizza is so delicious. I tried the Spicy Curry pizza today and last week I had The Last Organic pizza, and the classic cheese from there. This pizza is so delicious and delightful. The pizza options are so unique and I am always satisfied. It's great for vegetarians and vegans. Everyone can enjoy the greatness they have to offer. The pizza was full of delicious, crisp vegetables, which were so tasty and perfectly blended with herbs, spices, and seasonings. Yo, the crust...the crust is so damn good! My family and I all love this place. I highly recommend Broke Ass. Lastly, the service is excellent, they bring the pizza out to you curbside for pickup and it's always hot and fresh. Broke Ass has become one of my top favorite places for eating out.

Pros: great, creative pizza options, excellent service

Soul Stirring Vegan/Vegetarian Pizza!! - Edit

After several recommendations from vegan friends, I recently ordered my first pie from Broke Ass Pizza. I was not prepared for the amazing culinary bliss I was about to experience. Broke Ass Pizza is hands down, the best Vegan/Vegetarian pizzaria in Houston. They have elevated the science of pizza making to an art form! I ordered the Coconut Curry & The Last Organic. Both pizzas boasted fresh, locally sourced, organic ingredients from local community gardens, zesty homemade sauce and an outstanding crust (gluten free crust is available) that rivals all others. Chef Ani is changing the Vegan/Vegetarian pizza game, in Houston, with the most innovative pies, I've seen in awhile. This is GRASSROOTS Vegan/Vegetarin pizza at its glorious BEST!!! If you're looking for bland, cookie cutter, environmentally unsustainable, corporate chain pizza---Broke Ass is not for you. If you want the most beautiful (really, the posted photos do no justice to the pizzas), most flavorful, most soul stirring, socially and environmentally conscious, one of a kind pizza experience---Broke Ass Pizza is the ONLY way to go! Thank you Broke Ass Pizza for breathing new life and energy into to the stale and derivative Vegan/Vegetarian pizza scene. One final note: my 18 year old son, who won't eat a pizza unless it is drowned in meat without veggies, stumbled upon the remaining two slices of the Last Organic and said it looked so good he had to try it. After devouring the the last two slices, he literally begged me to order another pizza from Broke Ass!!! Broke Ass Pizza, has my son eating his veggies again...Priceless...lol!

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-10

Pros: Cutting Edge Vegan/Vegetarian Pizza, Everything Handmade and Made to Order, Local Organic Produce from Local Community Gardens

Cons: Only 1 Location, Not Open 24 hrs.

Return to Houston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Broke Ass Pizza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.