Brody's Bakery

816-225-4469

116 Brent Rd, Belton, Missouri, USA, 64012

Not a restaurant. Home-based bakery offering 100% vegan specialty desserts and baked goods. Most menu items can be made gluten-free or specialized in other ways for allergies upon request. Delivery and local pickup, see website for details.

Categories: Vegan, Bakery

First Review by condekedar

Horrible customer service - Edit

I was coming through to visit my mother and was very excited when I found this Bakery using Happy Cow. I called several times and no one would answer and when I got into town I tried calling one more time and the lady that owns it answered. She said she was in the middle of a move into a new location and that she was closed which I completely understood. The problem is that she decided to try to make me something anyway without me asking and I was all excited. We had agreed to meet the next day and she was going to make me some of her oatmeal cream pies. We talked for quite a long time and actually kind of hit it off. The next morning I called as I said I would for directions to meet her and I called at least 6 times up into the afternoon and she would never answer the phone again. I'm a very understanding person and if she would have said I'm doing a move and can't help you right now I would have understood and left it alone but she offered and then dropped me and wouldn't even have the decency to answer the phone. I come up there all the time to see my mom who lives in Grandview but I will never ever go to Brody's when she opens back up and support her business. The only reason I am not giving her one star is because this app won't allow you to give less than 2. She is not the only one in the Kansas City area that does vegan baked goods and I'd much rather give them my business than her.

Entirely poor customer service - Edit

Would like to have given this place business and spent $50 having vegan cupcakes shipped to my parents. Emails with the bakery seemed honest. I asked for overnight shipping (and paid for it!) and they got shipped 3 day. The cupcakes were never received and got sent back to the bakery. A Paypal claim for refund was denied after being promised. Poor. One thing to not deliver on a promise, and another to lie altogether.

Awesome vegan baked goods - Edit

Brody's Bakery makes superb, rich, decadent vegan baked goods. Best of all, Brody's manages to replicate the flavors of your childhood, albeit in an animal-friendly way!

Full disclosure: the owner of the shop sent me some free samples. That said, I shared these treats with about a dozen other people and everyone loved them.

To start, the spiced sweet potato cookies were wonderful. I'd never had a sweet potato cookie before, but now I'll look for them everywhere; Brody's manages to make the cookie reminiscent of a pecan sandie, but then dazzles you with a soft, chewy texture, and bits of bright color from the sweet potato.

The chocolate almond truffles were rich, dense and delicious. At least three people who tried these could only say, "Wow." I especially like the almond shavings that coat each truffle.

The peanut butter chocolate cheesecake (with chocolate-covered espresso beans) was filling, rich and remarkably subdued in terms of peanut butter flavor. Most everyone agreed that this was a good thing---all the flavors, from the peanut butter to the chocolate to the espresso, had a chance to interact. While this dessert was delicious, I don't really consider it a "cheesecake" as its texture and flavor reminded me more of a pie; it didn't have the look or feel of a cheesecake, vegan or otherwise.

Lastly, the oatmeal pies were phenomenal. These marvels will remind you of Little Debbie snack cakes. I loved the chewy oatmeal cookies and the toffuti cream filling was sweet and drool-worthy.

Brody's is a gem. I hope they open a retail location to show the world how good vegan baked goods can be.

Pros: Rich, moist treats, Wide variety, Traditional and unusual options

Cons: No retail outlet

Return to Belton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brody's Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.