Broderick Roadhouse

• Veg-friendly
Contact 916-372-2436

319 Sixth St, West Sacramento, California, USA, 95605

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurant. Mostly non-veg but menu has a small veg section that includes a veggie burger, a no-egg salad, and bbq tofu sandwich.

Category: Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by tiderisestidefalls

Unfortunately, no longer vegan friendly - Edit

I used to go once a month or so, as they had several great, expressly vegan options on their menu. Unfortunately I went a month or so ago, and they've completely redesigned their menu, gutting the vegan options. Our server was friendly and helpful about it, and got the kitchen to make a special vegan plate for me. It was fine, but totally unremarkable, and a far cry from the several delicious, thoughtful vegan items they used to have (I especially liked the BBQ tofu sandwich, which is no more.)

She basically said that not enough people ordered the vegan options, so when the menu was being redesigned, they got cut.

It's too bad: I liked that it was basically a (slightly classy) bar with excellent vegan options, a good local beer selection, and friendly people. But I won't bother going back unless and until they put the vegan items back on the menu.

Pros: friendly people, casual bar atmosphere

Cons: no longer vegan friendly

Yummy! - Edit

My partner and I enjoy the vegan items on the menu. The ambiance is also nice - Broderick looks like a speak-easy inside. My favorite item is the veggie burger and they have yummy salads and fries. The tofu is organic and local. As far as I understand, all of their food is from the farmers markets. Another cool thing is that Broderick has a separate kitchen for exclusively making their delicious vegan food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 06, 2014

Pros: local vegan food and beer, vegan kitchen, organic tofu

Cons: loud or lots of people

Return to West Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Broderick Roadhouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 805 times since Jan 2014.