Broccoli Revolution

Contact 8-70911905

899, Sukhumvit Rd, Khlong Tan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, Bangkok, Thailand, 10110

Modern, casual-nice restaurant on two floors with high ceiling, Wi-Fi, and plenty of seating. Opened Sept 2015. Varied dishes might include quinoa-broccoli burger, taro fries, pasta, vegan cakes. Offers vegan cheese and vegan alternatives. Reported fully vegan December 2016. English spoken. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Thai, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion

First Review by vtraveller

Lovely space - Edit

I wish I could give them 6 stars for welcoming design. Fun, open setting that screams, "hang out, eat, drink and write a book or read one or both!"
The Thai food is awesome. The first time visiting was with Thai family who regularly eat non-vegan and even they with their descerning taste buds exclaimed with joy that they never knew vegan food could taste so good.
The non-thai dishes are creative and tasty yet we were more impressed with the Thai food. We are however a bit spoiled and critical because we are visiting from a city with well over 100 vegan restaurants and thousands of options...
Desserts are amazing! Coffee is good. People are friendly, helpful and speak good English.
I'd most definitly suggest a visit to this little gem.

Pros: Atmosphere is nice, Food is creative and tasty, Staff is attentive and friendly

Cons: Order and pay at counter not at table, Some of the chairs may be leather but I was unsure

Hit or miss - Edit

I get the feeling Broccoli Revolution is really hit or miss so go with a certain dish in mind especially since the prices are above average even for BKK vegan restaurants. I thoroughly enjoyed my quinoa burger with potato and taro fries, but my friends got the Vietnamese noodle and crispy spring roll dish and found it lacking flavor. On another visit I ordered what was described as a mashed pumpkin burrito, but in reality it was a cold wrap. It was still tasty, but in a light, dedicate way and not in a substantial, comfort food way that you expect from a burrito. The restaurant seems to be going for breadth instead of depth and may be over ambitious in its international fare.I never order drinks here because they're outrageously expensive compared to other comparable restaurants even when comparing fresh juices. There's just no reason they should be that expensive in Thailand.

Pros: mostly vegan, trendy, pleasant atmosphere

Cons: expensive

Friendly, relaxing, oodles of options - Edit

There's a little bit of everything for vegans at this modern, good-vibes restaurant: Carrot cake and green drinks, mezze platters and noodles dishes, burgers and spring rolls. Then menu takes its inspiration from neighboring Myanmar, Vietnam, and other more far-flung destinations (Mexico, Spain, etc.) I'd come back solely for another glass of the delicious French wine (not easy to find in Bangkok) and a chunk of the takeaway cashew cheese.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Vegan, Varied menu

Cons: Relatively expensive--especially the juices

Good but pricey - Edit

Nice looking restaurant with quite a large variety of food. I went for a Thai dish which was approx 150bht, most Thai dishes are around this price. More western style dishes are around 250bht. Juices are from 120bht and up. Once the VAT is added it seems a bit pricey. But the food was enjoyable.

Pros: lots of veggie options and juice/smoothies

Cons: They add the VAT on at the end. western dishes are

One of my all-time favorite spots - Edit

Expensive by Thailand prices but still less than NYC. Awesome atmosphere. Relaxed. Great staff. Thai food by Thai chef, Vietnamese food by Vietnamese chef and Burmese food by Burmese chef.

Excellent quality, taste, preparation. All vegan restaurant---cheese in front case is vegan. All desserts are vegan.

Definitely try the Vietnamese tofu with lemongrass appetizer and Burmese potato dish (although that may have been a special).

Pretty close to train station.

Accepts credit cards. Awesome vegan spot!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-31

Pros: Excellent food, Quality, unique atmosphere

Cons: Cost

Awesome food, but too pricey! - Edit

It catched my eyes when I was about to look for another vegetarian restaurant. The location is easy to find and the atmosphere is super perfect. I enjoy how they present their foods and there are many options in menu, like Thai foods, Myanmar, Cambodian, Vietnamese, Arab or Western. The fried spring rolls are the best one I ever tried in Bangkok! However, it's still too pricey, especially the drinks that does not yet convince me to be willing to pay in such price. The menu is broadly described that it's vegetarian. You have to carefully ask the staff if you are vegan.

Pros: Variety of food, Awesome atmosphere, Served in big portion

Cons: Too pricey especially the drinks, Order and bill at counter only

Not a favorite... - Edit

I'm not sure if this restaurant is still vegan (had some options with cheese on the menu), and personally just didn't enjoy it so much.
Thought it was really overpriced, paid 190 tbh for a tiny glass of green juice that's not even freshly squeezed. Ordered the fruit plate for breakfast which was beautifully presented but was pretty difficult to eat (most of the fruit wasn't completely cut).
From other reviews i read on their facebook page, i think the quality of their food has gone down since they opened.

Pros: Nice building/design , AC

Cons: Overpriced , Rude staff , Inconsistent food quality

Good food and atmosphere - Edit

It's a restaurant where you place your order on the counter and pay straight away. Not sure if this goes along with paying so much for the food. I ordered a fresh juice and it was not freshly juiced but I think it was juiced on the same day and kept in the fridge. In general a nice looking place with a big choice of vegetarian options.

Pros: The food was good and staff was friendly. , The place looks stylish and cosy.

Cons: To order and pay on the counter just doesn't go wi

Amazing Vegan Experience - Edit

Fantastic vegan restaurant that has a range of interesting, healthy vegan dishes that are all well portioned and taste delicious. They also have desserts and even broccoli ice-cream. All vegan. They even have vegan organic wine and beers! Only drawback is the air-con is too strong I was actually feeling a bit cold during my meal! Just bring an extra layer when you go, which you must!

Vegan food and organic wine - Edit

We visited on a Tuesday at 8pm, and got the second to last table. The place is nicely decorated, trendy although a bit too cold for our liking (we were sat by the a/c)!

The menu is has a Thai /Western mix, we tried the burger (obviously) the mezze platter, nachos and aubergine salad. And the white wine.
The burger was good and we would eat it again, however it had a subtle flavour and I can see why some might need more taste! The mezze was good, we liked the tzatziki best and lemon olives. Nachos were fine, probably didn't need to order these as they are available everywhere.
The star of the show was the aubergine salad which was Thai style smoky long aubergine with a little chilli and super tasty. I had a no15 juice which was really good and of course the wine also went down well!
A good meal out although a little pricey, I would suggest you opt for unusual dishes and have a juice!

Pros: all vegan menu, great selection of thai and western

A bit boring - Edit

I really wanted to love this place, but overall it was pretty dull for the prices you pay. They forgot our entree and brought out my dining partner's food a full 25 minutes before mine. The entree never came at all. The pad thai was tiny and lacklustre, and my dish was basically tofu blocks and cucumber grilled on sticks. The decor is nice, but you can get much better food elsewhere for a third of the price.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Nice hanging plants

Cons: Small portions, Over priced, Bland

Delicious, even if the price tag is high - Edit

A bit expensive compared to other places in Bangkok but, still, a beautiful space and quite delicious! We had the tofu and peanut sauce, the vegetable mille feuille and the burmese tea leaf salad. The tea lea salad was increeedible, and the tofu was pretty good as well. The mille feuille I ordered out of curiosity as I wasn't quite sure what it would be, it was nice with good quality ingredients but a bit bland for my taste. All in all I would definitely recommend it though :)

Mmmmmmm ......... - Edit

I appear to be developing an allergy to these kind of places - all well meaning, with smart design and a hip, industrial look, but sadly bland food

Probably ordered the wrong thing, again, as the quinoa burger is apparently to die for, but the corn fritters were ok, if a little sweet, and the burmese noodles were bland to the point of boring.

Coffee for 100bht was pretty weak

Good for those who don't like food but want to be healthy and/or cool

excellent food and atmosphere - Edit

The food and juice here were excellent and the atmosphere was great. It felt like we were in a little oasis with the busy freeway outside. The music they were playing was great too and the decor (couches, ferns and industrial style roof area) made me feel like being in a restaurant in Melbourne. The staff were also very friendly and helpful.
The burger was the best I have ever had!
The pricing is moderate but the food is definitely worth the cost, so I would say the prices are appropriate for the quality of what you are getting.

Pros: food, juice, atmosphere

Enjoyable escape from Bangkok - Edit

Ok, we'll I only just arrived when I visited here (didn't need the escape yet), but it felt like I'd stepped into another country. The space is beautiful, with high ceilings and huge ferns hanging from the ceiling. I was here with friends and tried a variety of dishes. I had the Broccoli burger to myself, and while liked it, it tended to fall apart. Most of the items we ordered were deep fried and not so healthy, and that seemed a little counter to the theme there, but I think we were all to hungry and just ordered what stood out on the menu. If I'm around BKK again I'll definitely stop back in to try other options.

Pros: Ambiance is great, Fresh Juices

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Broccoli Revolution closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.