REMOVED: Broadacre Coffee

Contact 916-442-1085

1014 10th St (at J St), Sacramento, California, USA, 95814

Serves meat, vegan options available. Opened in late 2011, this is a small coffee shop located near the Capitol. Has vegan pastries and drinks. Coffee is local and organic. AUG 2013 reported no more vegan pastries/food. Removed from happycow.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jive

Passionate baristas - Edit

I am at Broadacre all the time. Seriously.. All the time. My friend Jenn and I joke that we live there, as do the baristas of Broadacre. The reason we are there so often should be apparent to anyone who goes in for a try. The environment is extremely friendly, the boys (and girl) who work there are both knowledgeable about the coffee they are making and easy to talk to. I tend to stick with plain black coffee (which is fantastic there, not burnt at all and not too hot to drink right away, and it is made to order right in front of you, kind of awesome right?) but they cater to vegans with some really great soy lattes, or even almond milk lattes. AND the chocolate that they use for hot chocolate? VEGAN. You just have to ask for soy/almond milk and you are good to go :D Doughbot doughnuts gives them vegan maple, original, and vanilla bean doughnuts. So you guys should definitely give Broadacre some business and try it out. I promise you wont be disappointed! :) and you will probably see me there... just look for two girls drinking too much coffee and laughing constantly XD

also, it deserves 5 stars but happy cow says that is not okay for non vegan restaurants. Hmph.

Pros: great coffee, vegan options galore, friendly employees

Cons: none!

Vegetarian

Contributions +151

The little nook that could - Edit

First of all, the vegan pastries must sell pretty well, cause there were only 2 left when I got there. They were delicious by the way. My first ever vegan doughnuts.

The Broadacre Coffee house is hard to spot if you've never been there before. It's a small little shop below and adjacent to some apartments. When I first pulled up, there was an Italian guy wearing a white wife beater and yelling at another guy from one of the apartment windows. I couldn't help but laugh.

The inside deceptively spacious. It has a very comfortable atmosphere, and there is a romantic quality to the seating arrangements. So if you want to impress, this is a great place to bring a date.

Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Broadacre Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 293 times since Dec 2011.