CLOSED: Broad Street Coffee

• Vegan

Contact 706-548-2266

1660 W Broad St, Athens, Georgia, USA, 30606

Opened in November 2012, this is a coffee house and vegan food restaurant. Sample menu items include a BBQ tofu sandwich, steamed kale, and carrot cilantro salad. Jan 2013 reported no longer offering cow milk. AUG 2013 SHUT DOWN AND CHANGED TO ECHO VEGAN.

Category: Vegan, American, Macrobiotic, Organic

First Review by csgagne

Best Vegan food in Athens - Edit

Broad Street Coffee is a cute place in Athens, that is about to move in to a larger building which is a major improvement. The food is so good!!! The BLT tastes so good with all the fresh veggies, and the "bacon". I can not recommend this place more, so go try it for yourself. Also, there is a kids menu if you have kids. The smoothies are so fresh and delicious!! The atmosphere is so friendly, and modern. I

Pros: excellent food, cheap, very friendly staff!!

Great Little Place! - Edit

I liked this place. The entries are filling and GREEN, which is not always easy to find. The atmosphere is cool and the service was friendly and quick. The food is also good vegan fare. A good vegan place to eat when passing through Athens.

Pros: Fresh, Green, Friendly

Cons: Not a wide variety, Limited seating

FINALLY - Edit

Oh how I am tired of the Grit...it is so nice to have an all vegan alternative that actually surpasses the staple vegetarian restaurant in town. While their menu is smaller than that of the Grit, Broad Street Coffee offers amazing options that are surprisingly affordable. I first went to the restaurant about a month ago when letting a touring band stay at my house. They are all vegan, as am I so I figured we'd give this new place a shot. Boy am I glad we did, I found my new favorite spot. I can not stop raving about this place.

We show up and are seated promptly, the girl who was helping us was polite and pretty funny. We all got something different on the menu. BLT, BBQ Tofu, Burrito, Nachos, Grilled Cheese (WHOA!), and a cup of their curry squash soup.

Everyone left their plate completely empty. I had the BLT and a cup of the soup. The BLT was flavorful and the veggies tasted super fresh. The soup good too.

I would recommend this place to anyone. It isn't overly hip or trendy like many vegan spots. It is a cozy place to enjoy a great meal.

Pros: Affordable, Amazing Food, Great Service

Cons: Small size, Odd parking

Super friendly, thanks!! - Edit

We had breakfast there. On a sunday at 11am. The staff was super-friendly, the NO-Huevos Rancheros delicious, same with the "eggs" Florentine. Coffee Refill and everything. Beautifully designed small all-vegan cafe with ultra cosy and friendly atmosphere. If ever in Athens,GA we will definitely go there again.

Pros: Ultra friendly, great atmosphere, fantastic food

Great Place - Edit

My husband and son are on a cross-country trip and I've been looking up vegan restaurants on Happy Cow along their route. Came upon Broad Street Cafe and told them to stop there. They said it was excellent. Great food and great service (thanks Vanessa). My husband had a burrito and my son had "chicken" nuggets and a kale smoothie. They did say to be careful pulling into the parking lot however.

Return to Athens Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Broad Street Coffee closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 404 times since Nov 2012.