Brizola Bar and Grill

+44-1200429660

Swan Courtyard, Clitheroe, England, BB7 2DQ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Greek inspired restaurant. Introduced a vegan menu in 2017 with dishes including dolmades, sesame courgette fritters, garlic & oregano mushrooms, mezze, mushroom stifado, falafel pita, roast peppers with spicy rice, stuffed aubergine, Mediterranean vegetables with in olive & shallot sauce, fries, sweet potato fries, Greek potatoes, minted bean salad. Open Wed 12:00pm-3:00pm, Thu 12:00pm-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Mediterranean, Greek , Non-veg

First Review by Veganolive1

Great for a vegan dinner (lunch), vegan menu available and reasonably priced - Edit

Popped in here after a walk around Clitheroe, found it on happy cow first and stumbled across it as it’s hidden in a little square. If you know it’s there though, it’s a great central location!

Went with 2.5 omnivores (my friends and their baby).

The kitchen is on ground level, seats are available both downstairs and upstairs. We sat upstairs where the single toilet is. There isn’t a baby changing facility so my friend popped around the road to Costa to use theirs.

Asked for vegan options and was pleasantly surprised to be given a vegan menu! There were 4 starters, 5 mains and 2 desserts to choose from.

I opted for the vegan meze; falafels, flatbread, olives, houmous and salad, £5.95. It was very tasty and satisfying, a decent portion for a starter, I’d recommend it and have it again. My friends enjoyed their selection of food too! Everything was reasonably priced.

The service was great, the food came quickly, the staff were friendly, chatty and accommodating. The temperature was lovely inside - it was well heated. The decor was nice with bits of art work dotted about, paintings of the sea etc.

Pros: Vegan menu available, Tasty food , Reasonably priced

Cons: Not vegan, No baby changing facility

Lovely Vegan Food - Edit

My visits to Brizola were before the introduction of their vegan menu but I found owner/chef Rachel very accommodating to both my vegan diet and my allergies.

Some of dishes I have had were homemade flatbread, houmous and beetroot houmous, olives, salad and sesame coated tomatoes, a perfect starter as I love all the components. Mushroom Stifado, a hearty dish with peppers and aubergine, in a tomato sauce, served with crispy rosemary Greek potatoes.

I have also visited for lunch and had a falafel wrap with chips and houmous, which was also excellent. Now a vegan menu has been introduced, especially with two vegan dessert options, I will be returning to sample all the new dishes.

Updated from previous review on 2017-11-24

Pros: Vegan Menu, Vegan friendly , Allergy aware

Return to Clitheroe Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brizola Bar and Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.