Brighter Day Natural Foods

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 912-236-4703

1102 Bull St, Savannah, Georgia, USA, 31401

Store with a kitchen/deli offering sandwiches, smoothies, salads, fresh juices, kombucha on tap. Has seating. Offers organic produce and groceries, vitamins and supplements. Located on Forsyth Park. Mon-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-5:30pm

First Review by jetgal

Great spot in Savannah! - Edit

I didn't find Savannah to be overly vegan friendly so this place was super helpful for the few days I was there, I got sandwiches from the deli counter two days in a row and stocked up on other breakfast and snacky things in the grocery part. There's a whole vegan sandwich section of the menu, and lots of yummy vegan treats like earth balance "cheese"-its, ABC cookies, chao cheese slices, etc.

Pros: Lots of different vegan choices, very friendly

Awesome juicebar and sandwich counter - Edit

This health food store has a sandwich counter and sells smoothies and fresh juices. It is obviously a local favorite. I would recommend popping by for local produce and a snack and sitting outside in their sunny street side seating area or grabbing something to-go to enjoy in the park.

This store is amazing - Edit

Whenever visiting my family in Savannah I like to stop in here. They have unique local products and a wide selection of vegan goods. They also have a deli in the back where you can pick up a sandwich or salad, they even have a selection of prepared vegan and vegetarian salads for take-away. It's kind of my happy place.

Pros: wide variety , deli, local produce

Cons: prices for local goods can be high

Friendly store - Edit

Brighter Day has been in Savannah for over thirty years and you can tell when you walk in. It feels like a small town pharmacy or book store; it has slightly cramped aisles (in a charming way) and old friends. The staff is helpful, the selection is great, and the deli is awesome.

Pros: Environment, Helpful staff, Good selection

Cons: None! Love you guys!

Savannah's Vegan Haven - Edit

Brighter Day stocks all the vegan staples, and is quick to get in new products. They have a small deli with some pre-made sandwiches, and will also make them to order (if you don't mind the wait). There are tables out front, and Forsyth Park is right across the street. I love this place and recommend it to everyone in Savannah!

Pros: Large Vegan Selection, Convenient

Cons: Cramped

I wish I could live inside. - Edit

Brighter Day is my preferred grocer in Savannah. Even though it is tiny, it has a plethora of delicious items ranging from deli-made vegan sandwiches to local heirloom veggies. The staff is very knowledgeable about the products in the store.

Pros: tempeh salad sandwich, local business

Cons: sometimes pricey

good little grocery - Edit

I was happy to find this place in Savannah, as they had a good selection of healthy groceries and a couple of good quality prepared salad choices. I had a raw, chopped salad of broccoli and other vegetables that I liked. My only complaint is that I was hoping to get a fresh, green juice of some kind and I asked, but they only will make juices that have a base of carrot with other things added (i.e. carrot & apple). If you don't want carrot then you are out of luck in the juice department.

Excellent vegan sandwiches - Edit

I had never had tempeh before visiting this excellent health food store, and they had pre-made tempeh sandwiches in the refrigerated deli section that were absolutely wonderful! The barbecue tofu sandwich was also excellent! They have a good selection of healthy, canned beverages and vegan cookies, too. Outstanding store that I highly recommend.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value

Cons: deli has limited hours

I don't like grocery shopping anywhere else - Edit

I only go here for my groceries. They carry hard to find things that I would otherwise have to order online. Their produce section is small, but what they have is a great selection and I am always able to get everything I need.

Pros: comfortable environment, great selection, helpful staff

Next door to Sentient Bean -- Don't miss this one! - Edit

Brighter Day is the younger, earthier sister of your favorite local co-op. They have a fantastic grocery selection (with refrigerated/frozen stuff too), and a teeny-tiny fresh produce wall. There's even a book/literature section at the front of the store, with subjects ranging from cooking to holistic health to vitamins to becoming vegan. The deli always has homemade ready-to-eat vegan options, like ratatouille, balsamic bean salad, marinated veggies, or pasta. There's a little bar up by the front window, too, so you can sit, relax, and eat the amazing food you just bought.

Pros: cute & cozy, vegan options, friendly staff

Get there before the Deli Closes! - Edit

This is a great little place. They carry a lot of vegan options and the Deli will make just about anything vegan for you. The staff is very helpful and the location is great. It's located on Forsyth park, so you can stop by and grab stuff for a picnic in the park.

Pros: Friendly Staff, healthy cuisine, yummy vegan cake

Cons: a little pricy, closes too early

Return to Savannah Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brighter Day Natural Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2992 times since Aug 2007.