Brick Road Pizza Co.

• Veg-friendly
Contact 616-719-2409

1017 Wealthy St, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, 49506

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ask for the separate vegan menu list, which includes pizza with vegan cheese, alfredo pasta, stuffed shells, pulled "pork," sandwich with mac and cheese, dessert. Buffet on Tuesday night includes some vegan options.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Pizza, Italian, Buffet, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Vegangurrl

Carb lovers rejoice! - Edit

This place is great! It's so nice to be a vegan and have multiple delicious options. I got the vegan pulled pork sandwich and my husband got the Reuben. The Chibata bread is more of a flat pita type of bread but it tastes delicious. They don't have rye for the Reuben but is still tastes good, even if not truly a Reuben in terms of bread. We got to go orders and when we are it it was still warm and gooey. Major carb cravings satisfied!

Pros: multiple options, delicious , good for bringing meat eaters

Cons: food isn't always what you picture based on name, a little pricy

I eat there weekly - Edit

Incredible sandwiches, salads, and pizzas. There vegan ranch dressing is the best! Wish I could give them 5 happy cow rating!

Pros: Soups are always vegan, Desserts are always vegan, Great wait staff

Great Place, Great Food! - Edit

If you are looking for comfort food, this is the place. They are open late and have a nice friendly atmosphere. They clearly mark gluten-free and vegan options on the menu. Much of their menu is vegan--everything from mac and cheese to sandwiches and pizza. The first time I ate here, the waitress was fantastic. I have many food sensitivities. She helped me modify the spinach dip appetizer to be both gluten-free and vegan by finding corn chips to substitute instead of bread. She also gave me a great menu tour when I told her that I had never been to this restaurant before. Their gluten-free/vegan pizza crust turned out to be delicious, and they have a long list of great toppings. The second time that I ate here, the waitress (not the same person) was not very friendly, balked at my menu questions and basically left me at my table for as long as possible before returning to ask if I needed anything. As they say, the 3rd time is a charm, so I will try again to see what type of service I receive. The food is absolutely worth going back for as it is flavorful and delicious. I understand that their monster cookies are out of this world, but they contain several ingredients I can't have. I can say that their cheesecake with strawberries was beyond blissful. Seriously, it was amazing! I would definitely recommend eating here.

Pros: Open late, Gluten-free options clearly marked, Amazing desserts

Cons: Inconsistent Customer Service

They have vegan cookies - Edit

Need I say more? Yes? Ok!
Really great all around! Great food, overwhelmingly large selection for vegan and gluten free. Literally, anything you want, you can get here. They stay open late as well, so when you have a hankering, make this one of your first stops!

Pros: Great food, Great atmospere, Great people

Nom Nom Nom - Edit

This place is the best, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! I love the verity and being able to choose from more than 1 or 2 choices. My husband who is not a vegan loves this place (and the vegan food). Its wonderful to swap half-way though a sandwich or pizza and get to try 2 different menu items each time we go. I'd give this place 5 cows if I could, please support places that have vegan stuff on their menu. The more we show our support the more likely other business will have vegan food and items.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Beer, Large vegan selection

Cons: Loud when busy, East town parking

5-Cow Worthy - Edit

This is one of those rare restaurants that although they serve meat, they are absolutely 5-cow worthy. Their menu is *loaded* with vegan options. You can get far more vegan dishes here than at the 100% vegetarian restaurant in town (Gaia Cafe). In fact, I relish the feeling in a restaurant like this because even though it serves meat, the vegan vibe dominates. Brick Road has achieved something that appears rather difficult in the restaurant world: to have a primarily vegan restaurant with a predominantly mainstream clientele.

If you're vegan, you will be happily overwhelmed with all the options on the menu and basking in vegan glory. It's the kind of place where you go and it makes you think if every place was like this, all would be right with the world. Their pizzas, sandwiches, sides - everything is delicious. Service can get slow when it's busy and when it's hot in summer they are slow to crank the A/C, but it's a small price to pay to experience these tasty vegan delights.

Deserves 5 Cows! - Edit

I love places like Brick Road Pizza. As vegans, there is some sort of universal "stick it to the man" vibe regarding restaurants that aren't totally veg. For example, I cannot give this restaurant the 5 cows that it deserves. There is a higher chance that a meat eater will try vegan food if it's readily available to them in a non-threatening, "normal" restaurant like Brick Road Pizza, but I digress.

My husband and I ate here recently. There is parking in the back, and there is also a little parking lot around the corner. The inside is adorable. We sat at probably one of the most comfy booths ever. They serve some really great craft beers at a decent price.

Our waitress was adorable and didn't pressure me to order when I was obviously overwhelmed by the extensive amount of vegan foods offered. Let me also point out that the options were nearly endless and all so different. I ordered a vegan Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, which is unlike me because I don't like faux beef. I ordered ciabatta bread, which was amazing. It was flat and crisp, reminiscent of a Greek pita. The filling was amazing. It had seitan playing the roll of steak, and it was delicious. It didn't taste beefy or fake. The inside was gooey and creamy. I loved it. It came with a side of kettle cooked chips and a pickle. I wish there was an option on the side without having to pay $2 extra.

The prices were a little high. My husband ordered a non-vegan pizza and wasn't crazy about it for the cost.

All in all, I loved it here and would definitely go back!

Pros: Many vegan options, Delicious, Comfortable

Cons: Pricey

Five Cows - Edit

I loved it! This pizza place has it all. The vegan options are limitless, and there's something to please every omnivore as well. None of the "crunchy granola" vibe that can scare off people unaccustomed to veganism. I can't wait to eat here again and again. Also, try the buffalo tofu, it's amazing! My only adjustment would be to possible ask for slightly less oil in my dish, which I bet they would be more than happy to accommodate.

Pros: Great Variety, Comfortable Atmosphere

Delicious Options - Edit

Full vegan menu including delicious stuffed shells, a variety of pizzas, sandwiches, appetizers and sides. Portions are generous and prices are quite reasonable.

Pros: excellent food, great selection, friendly service

Brick Road Pizza Co. - Edit

Fantastic menu for any veg*n! Separate menus for omni and veggiesaurasus. The restaurant is minimalist and the service isn't lightning fast, but the food is delicious and well worth the wait. The staff is also friendly and happy to accomdate vegans! Go here!

Pros: Great veg menus, Delicious, Friendly service

Cons: A little slow

Great Veg Comfort Food - Edit

While the menu is not a healthy one, it is very veg & very delecious. All of the sandwiches are to die for, the veggie chips that come with the meals are so yummy & the pizza is delicious. One of the best dining options for vegs in the area, for sure.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Service, Great Atmosphere

If you only eat ONE place in Grand Rapids: - Edit

Make it the Brick Road Pizza Company. I'm serious. Best veggie burgers ever (and I have eaten vegan all over the country) vegan alfredo and even potato skins, open late, friendly staff who doesn't make you feel like you should be sorry you are asking for vegan options (like at snotty Gaia)!

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably Priced, Fun

Cons: Not one in every city

Best Vegan-friendly place I have eaten at so far - Edit

I just went to this restaurant today, and I have to say that it is by far the best vegan-friendly restaurant I have been to so far. The food is exemplary and the service is fantastic. There is a vegan chef on staff, and the owner actually came out to meet us. Also, if you have food allergies, this restaurant is great, because most everything is homemade and they can tell you exactly what is in it. I will be returning very frequently to this restaurant, and I will be telling all of my veg friends about it. I highly recommend that everyone who has the chance tries it, even if you have to drive cross state! On a side note, if some of your friends are omni, there will be something that they can enjoy as well. If I could give it a higher rating, I would!

Pros: large vegan selection, absolutely amazing food, very accomodating

Cons: none

Finally! - Edit

I just love this place. I lived in GR for three years before this place existed. I came back for a wedding and ate here every day I was in town. The menu is large and has a great variety of things to choose from. I came here with a different person each time, all non-veggies. It's nice to have a place that I can take people without them complaining about not having a meat option. There is free wifi too... I will come here everytime I have to return to West MI.

Pros: Variety, Delicious, Friendly staff

Cons: Didn't exist when I lived here

delicious vegan menu - Edit

I went to the Sunday brunch buffet last weekend, and it rocked. The cook was really friendly and approachable, told me what was vegan straight away and told me he's vegan too. The food was delicious, there was a lot of vegan food including: tofu scramble stromboli, pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, breadsticks, raw fruit, a salad bar with pasta salad, and really tasty strawberry pancakes. And! chocolate chip cookies and some seriously amazing, moist carrot cake.

The Saturday night before, I was hanging out at the Meanwhile with some friends and we were hungry so we tried to get slices of pizza from Brick Road, but they were out. It was 10'o'clock on a Saturday night, not a reasonable time to be out of pizza by the slice. I also ordered a couple of pizzas from there a few weeks ago. My omni friends said their pizza was the best they've had in GR. I got the Philly Cheese Steak vegan pizza and it wasn't really my thing, I didn't like the veganaise sauce base. But their other food was great and I'll definitely try them again next time I'm in town.

Pros: delicious vegan menu, sunday buffet, friendly and knowledgable staff

Cons: out of slices on saturday night

best pizza anywhere! - Edit

I have been eating at brick road since it opened. They have great food and service. There prices are good especially considering the quailty of the food they offer. The pizza is the best I have had anywhere in Michigan or Chicago. The crust and sauce is fantastic. They also have a great Sunday AUCE brunch - Try it!

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Edit

We just tried 3 different vegan pizzas tonight and they were way beyond our expectations. The chef who created the vegan portion of the menu is vegan himself. This will be the only place we order pizza from in the future. 4 stars

Pros: There is a section dedicated to vegans, eco friendly atmosphere, affordable

Cons: None that I know of so far

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brick Road Pizza Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3865 times since Jan 2009.