CLOSED: Breakroom Cafe

• Vegan

Contact 510-836-3864

300 13th St (at Harrison St, downtown Oakland), Oakland, California, USA, 94612

Oakland all vegan cafe serving sandwiches, side dishes, desserts including vegan cakes, and fair trade coffee drinks. Free Wi-fi. Minimum of $5 purchase to use a credit card. SHUT DOWN NOV 2012.

Category: Vegan, American

First Review by RxJx

feels like a breakroom. - Edit

Its a small deli shop, kind of spot. I was a kind confused reading the menu. The meats that are listed are not real meat, i wished they just wrote soy ham or whatever it was in the description. I had a butternut soup, which i enjoyed, but i wish they offered bread or crackers for texture. And I had the sloppy jos sandwich. It was unmemorable, literally. I cant remember how it made me feel, which, i'm not sure if thats a good thing. I might try it again, but not making any plans on it.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, free wi-fi

Cons: menu takes time to decipher

New Fave - Edit

I have been hearing about this place for a while, but just made it this week. I have been back as often as possible. Thus far I have had the Club Sandwich- sublime, the Spicy Sloppy Joe- hot and delicious, the Meatball Sub- quite good, could have a bit more spice in the sauce- and the Turkey and Bacon with Swiss on Rye- quite nice. If I worked in Downtown Oakland I would go regularly. Only wish they were open on Saturdays. Oh, had some coffee there the first time and it was kickin, and I am a coffee snob. Didn't love the vegan chocolate cupcake- tasted too tofuey, but it wasn't awful.

Pros: Best Vegeratarian Club Sandwich Ever, Nice Staff, Free WiFi

Cons: Closed Saturdays

great spot for vegan b-fast or lunch on the go - Edit

love the vegan cafe- finally a girl can get a yummy latte & vegan pastries, vegan donuts & bagel w/ tofutti cream cheese!
yummy lunches-- vegan mock meat sandwiches ROCK
don't leave without a vegan cupcake or cookie!

Pros: yummy food, reasonable price, cute little cafe

Cons: funky area (@ night), parking (weekday), not for dinner

Specializing in fake meat--it works! - Edit

The menu causes a vegan pause; it lists all these meats. Then you figure out what the "v" in a circle means, and you see the note at the bottom of the menu that "all meat is vegan."

That said, I ordered the turkey-bacon sandwich. It was excellent.

This is a great place for breakfast, lunch, or an early, light dinner, but the menu is a breakfast/lunch menu, not a dinner menu. This is consistent or even generous with the closing hour on the day I went: 7pm.

Pros: Coffee, WiFi, Repentant carnivore friendly

Delicious!! - Edit

This place has some really good vegan and vegetarian sandwiches. If you're like me and never had a club sandwich, go here and have the vegan version! It's delicious. It's a small spot but really good.

Pros: Good food, Free wireless internet

great lunch / break spot in downtown oakland - Edit

this place is great - great ambiance, great vegan sandwiches, great staff. try the tofu with bacon or the turkey on rye. soup of the day is often a good change of pace (my favorite is the seitan chicken noodle) and the vegan cornbread, donuts, and cupcakes are awesome. and a bonus: they have a dj up top spinning ambient grooves on some days during lunch. my only wish - that they would grill their apple and cheese sandwich.

Pros: sandwiches, dj, vegan cupcakes

Cons: non-grilled cheese and apple?

Finally Oakland is on the map - Edit

This place is great. Ive been vegan for over 10 years and I have always wanted a great place like this in Oakland. Awesome sandwiches and great pastries. There is always a vegan soup of the day. It is very small but very comfortable.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: could have better coffee

Return to Oakland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Breakroom Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 308 times since Nov 2007.