Bread Bar Earth To Table

Contact 905-522-2999

258 Locke St S, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8P 4B9

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bakery by day, pizzeria at night. Offers organic and locally grown produce items from its own 100-acre farm and other producers. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Nathan

Disappointed - Edit

Tried this place for the first time today. Skinny fries were good and my Mocha was awesome. My wife ordered a Margarita pizza (Vegan) and I tried the Mac'n'cheese gratin. Pizza was ok but much better pizza is available down the street.

The Mac'n'cheese sounded amazing, old cheddar with caramelized onion and bacon! It was very disappointing, very little flavor and the bread crumbs/flakes on top made everything taste like stale bread.

Will not be returning since Locke St has so many better places to eat. The service was very good. The table next to us was very pleased with their sandwiches, maybe we just picked the wrong items to try

Pros: Service, Location

Cons: Pizza and Mac'n'Cheese not good

Dissapointed - Edit

Went here with a group of friends after hearing that this place was veg friendly. Our waitress Sara B was BRUTAL. She was very curt with everyone at the table and was less then helpful answering menu questions. I asked her what pizza sauces had dairy in them because I couldn’t eat dairy. I ended up ordering the potato pizza (which had no cheese listed on the menu) with no sauce just a drizzle of olive oil. When my pizza came it was covered in some white substance that looks suspiciously like cheese. I got her attention and reminded her that I had ordered the pizza with no sauce she replied rudely, there is no sauce on that. I asked her what all this white stuff was and she looked at me like I had two heads and said “uh, cheese”. I reminded her that I told her I couldn’t eat dairy and she says “you never asked for no cheese”. So I pointed at the item listed on the menu that did not list mozza or any kind of cheese for that matter. I asked for another pizza with no cheese and she then asked me if I wanted to keep the pizza that I had been given. I told her no that all of my companions had their meals and since I COULDN’T EAT DAIRY I would have no use for it. About 20 minutes later I was brought out a burnt pizza covered in oil. My friends also had issues with their meals and nothing was rectified for them. I was disappointed at the rude behaviour of our waitress and the fact that no manager came by to check on us or speak to me about the issue I had with my dish or the issues my friends had with theirs. I was however relieved that I did not get a bill for my pizza. I will never go back after such a horrible experience with not only the waitress but also the food and the clearly not veg friendly atmosphere.

Pros: location

Cons: service, food

amazing - Edit

Great place for a casual delicious meal. Always busy so plan on a little wait for a table. Pizza is awesome...desserts delicious. Highly recommend.

Pros: Health, local produce, a lot of natural and organic ingredients

Cons: busy place, parking on the road

Decent veg food for being a meaty place - Edit

Good salad and pizza even though it's not wood fire. Definitely the best pizza option on Locke Street and in the top 3 for in the city of Hamilton.

Pros: atmosphere, quality ingredients

Cons: desserts are too sweet, not always seating

One of Hamilton's best - Edit

Although they serve meat, this place is still probably one of the better choices in Hamilton. Most of their menu is organic or natural and comes from it's 100 acre farm or other local farms. It's also a bakery during the day. You can purchase some great whole grain breads, including seasonal sourdoughs.

They offer plenty of vegan & vegetarian options and are very open to adjusting orders. It's a fair-sized place with seating for about 50. It's always busy and do not accept reservations under 6 people. The tables are close together and it can be quite loud at times, so it's not somewhere to take a romantic date. :) But for everything else, it's great. quality

Pros: Quality ingredients

Cons: Loud at times

Return to Hamilton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bread Bar Earth To Table closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3194 times since Nov 2011.