Bread and Roses Bakery

207-646-4227

246 Main St, Ogunquit, Maine, USA, 03907

Open seasonally call for hours before you go. Bakery, coffee, breakfast and lunch food. Uses egg and dairy but includes a few vegan pastries.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Julie R

vegan options clearly identified - Edit

Small bakery in the middle of town. Vegan options are clearly identified on a poster although the bottom portion is partially obstructed by bread. Employees obviously understand what veganism is and can help. Ordering process is a bit confusing, but the staff is very helpful. Big tourist location in the summer so expect some lines. Vegan pastries were tasty. Most were made out of some sort of puff pastry. Apple turnover was a little light on the apples. Would return to try the other items on the vegan menu.

Pros: vegan options clearly identified, multiple vegan options available, great location in the center of town

Cons: ordering can be confusing, apple turnover a bit underwhelming

coffee good - Edit

Didn't try any of the bakery items but coffee very good. Soymilk instead of milk, no problem. They have a small menu up telling you which items are vegan making it easy to choose.

CHARMING PLACE WITH WONDERFUL TREATS - Edit

First and foremost, I love that this cafe is vegetarian! Besides all the yummy-looking bakery items, they also serve eggs, sandwiches with cheeses, pizzas, etc. - no meats at all (yah!).

We picked this place because the desserts were just SO inviting. I wanted them all, but we settled on a piece of blueberry pound cake, and a blueberry coffee square. Both were fresh and DELICIOUS. The pound cake was to die for! My friend also had a good espresso. I doubt there is anything here that isn't good.

There's a little side area where you can sit outside and enjoy your treats. It's a very clean little bakery. I loved it.

I loved everything about this charming town of Ogunquit. When I find myself here again, I will most definitely eat at Bread and Roses.

Pros: Vegetarian, Delicious sweets, Reasonable prices and friendly

Return to Ogunquit Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bread and Roses Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.