Bread and Chocolate

506-750-0723

Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, South Caribbean of Costa Rica, Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegetarian food items include veggie sandwich, gazpacho, bagels, salads, biscuits with mushroom gravy, crispy potatoes with jerk sauce, and vegan cake.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by wendystrebe

Nicht aufzufinden - Edit

leider haben wir das cafe nicht gefunden.
bei den angegebenen gps koordination befand sich ein resort, die das cafe nicht kannten

Wonderful Food! - Edit

We ate lunch at Bread and Chocolate 2 times last week and it was wonderful. We had the veggie sandwich with salad and the vegetables were so fresh it was AMAZING! The peanut butter cups are made from peanut butter that is made in house and they are wonderful. This is one of the most popular restaurants in Puerto Viejo and for good reason!

Pros: Great staff, Freshest food anywhere, Plenty of vegetarian options

Cons: A bit pricey

hot and loud but tasty - Edit

I must have gone on a bad day. No vegan cake for me. I had a tasty veg sandwich, although a bit small. The ginger lemonade was pretty amazing. Prices were way out there though. Nothing is really as cheap as I expected in Costa Rica, this place is definately tourist prices.
We were the only people eating there. The rest of the people just seemed to be hanging out playing dominoes very loudly. Its nice to sit outside but even in the shade it was 41 degrees, celsius. A fan would be a good suggestion.

Pros: nice patio, good healthy food

Cons: noisy, hot

Tasty food, nice atmosphere - Edit

My partner and I were recently in Puerto Viejo and visited Bread and Chocolate more than once. We were so excited to find vegan chocolate cake! The ginger lemonade is amazing, as were the women working there.

Pros: friendly staff, vegan cake!, healthy options

Cons: could use more vegan options

fantastic place!! - Edit

I love the food here... gazpacho, homemade bagels, veggie sandwiches, oatmeal pancakes, all homemade.

Pros: fresh, great choices, healthy

Cons: slow, can be crowded

Return to Puerto Viejo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bread and Chocolate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.