CLOSED: Brasserie Medard

Contact 050348684

Sint-Amandsstraat 18, Brugge, Bruges, Belgium,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Belgian brasserie located in the centre of the old Bruges. Quite a number of vegetarian options all clearly labeled and especially what seems to be the most budget-friendly option in town: a properly huge dish of vegetarian spaghetti (pasta, tomato sauce, mushrooms) for approx. 3 Euro. Although the place is not vegetarian, the clear labeling and rarity of the deal both at the level of Belgian brasseries and for restaurants within Bruges, makes it an decent option for vegetarians. Vegans please inquire and inform HappyCow. SEP 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Mon-Wed 11:00am-8:30pm, Fri-Sun 11:00am-8:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by TunnelMojo

Not vegetarian-friendly and terrible service - Edit

My boyfriend and I came to Brugge yesterday and stopped by Brasserie Medard after seeing the Happy Cow listing. First of all, there is only one "vegetarian-friendly" option on the menu, not several. It's spaghetti with sauce, that's it. The service, if you can call it that, was terrible. We were actually denied a table because there was only two of us. A group of 3 came in after we did and were immediately seated. We were told we could "sit outside" (where there were no tables), but not inside because they "need their tables." Obviously service is not a priority for this place and when we asked the server if there was any other vegetarian option besides the spaghetti she responded with an emphatic "no." [edit by staff - see ToS]. I won't step foot in Brasserie Medard again.

Cons: Not vegan friendly, Barely veggie friendly, Terrible service

2 Responses

Return to Bruges Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Brasserie Medard closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3345 times since Jul 2010.