Brasserie Lola

99 rue du Théâtre, Paris, France,

A French brasserie that's all vegan, opened Oct 2014. Offers house-made food like burgers, pad thai, and sandwiches in addition to vegan ice cream, plus wine and cocktails, ice tea. Note: Takes a vacation in summer, so call ahead. Animal friendly. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-12:00am, Sat 9:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, International, Western, Beer/Wine, French

First Review by JonJon

Americans in Paris - Edit

As a person that eats a fair amount of kale, spinach and other vegetables....the cheeseburger and french fries without outstanding not to mention a great desert menu.

Pros: Super location, to eat as on lookers walk by....#v

Cons: None.

A nice and welcoming Brasserie ! - Edit

We arrived late in Paris at night my dog mate and me , because of the train, so what a shame i hadn't the occasion to take my time to look at the menu, we were just tired and our vegan comrads were waiting for us since hours .
The waitresses were very lovely and patient, and provided immediatly some water to my mate .
I choose a classical so : a big burger with french fries , and for the forst time in my vegan life, as a dessert, i could ordered a Cafe Gourmand , wich i especially appreciated in this typical adorable Parisian Brasserie .
I just recommand

Pros: excellent food , lovely staff, Dogmates welcome

So good! - Edit

Travelling all the way from New Zealand (a very vegan friendly country) I was sooooo happy to find this place using happy cow, the samosas were incredible and very friendly staff!

anniversary dinner - Edit

We choose this restaurant as we both eat vegetarian and found it on the happy cow app. The food was amazing some
Of it was even vegan, we was served quick and the waitress was very patient understanding what we wanted and what was in the dish. Will be returning :)

Pros: quick service , delicious veggie dishes

Cons: menus only in French however we soon figured it ou

Fantastic! - Edit

This was the highlight of my recent Parisian work trip. This felt like a really typical French experience that I could relax and enjoy without the usual challenges of trying to explain my dietary requirements via my stuttering French. While I don't smoke myself (and find it disgusting) , and this may put some readers off, I found it quite hilarious that an ashtray was plunked onto my table along with the menus as soon as I sat down outside - I just thought it spoke to cultural differences being at play because I could not see the same thing happening at an all-vegan restaurant in North America :-) Anyway, other diners were smoking on other tables but it was not close enough to affect me. I thoroughly enjoyed what I ordered (soup, croque monsieur and some kind of dessert that I am struggling to describe - bread pudding is the closest reference point I can come up with) and the sitting outside watching the city go by as I ate it and I will definitely go out of my way to return on any future visits to Paris.

Pros: Very French, Food tasty and presented well

very friendly staff! - Edit

Had a great meal here, highly recommend the risotto. The staff are incredibly accommodating and forgiving if you don't speak French! Great atmosphere if you want to experience an authentic brasserie but with all vegan food :)

Pros: staff speak perfect English , wide range of meals including dessert, great atmosphere in suburban area

Cons: quite expensive, no English menu

Fun place - Edit

This lively spot has the fun atmosphere of a Parisian Brasserie, but is entirely vegan. Because it's so lively, though, the service, though very friendly, is somewhat slow.

The food is basic but quite good. My husband and I enjoyed two meals there, and will return the next time we're in Paris.

Pros: Great vibe, Good food, Friendly staff

Cons: Slow service

A nice option in the neighborhood - Edit

Brasserie Lola went to a quiet place to a busy location on evenings. As the food is not advertised vegan, the idea was to imitate a typical brasserie... and that job was well done so far.
Food wise, the items of the menu can be irregular for many, so feel free to ask for a recommandation of your convenience, as some dishes can be heavy or too little for your appetite.
The service, every time I went, was good, and I am still looking forward their place to be opened on Sundays!

Pros: Bistro imitation, Menu is rich, Service is friendly

Cons: Crowded on some nights!, Could (Should?) be cheaper!, Shouldn't hide the word "Vegan", be proud guys!

Great spot! - Edit

Great food, warm and welcoming vibe.

Good place for a date.

Great Vegan French Restaurant! - Edit

The brasserie was only a 10 minute walk from our hotel on Garibaldi. My dad and I both ordered the cheeseburger with fries and salad (been missing home), and it was delicious! As long as you can speak a few basic French phrases (Bonjour/Bonsoir, "do you speak English," "I don't speak French," merci, pardon, "please") you'll be okay with the staff. Translating app would also be helpful with the menu. When you're finished eating, instead of waiting or asking for your check you go to the right side of the bar to pay. The food came pretty quick even though it was busy, and they have desserts as well, although I did not have any.

Pros: delicious, quick, casual

Cons: a little expensive

Sweet location, good food - Edit

I can absolutely recommed the Brasserie Lola in a not very vegan friendly city.

Pros: everything vegan, very tasty, very friendly

Charming, very tasty vegan French Brasserie - Edit

Congratulation to Brasserie Lola !
We are never disappointed. Charming and cozy restaurant. Typical french brasserie. Clean place. Nice waitress.
Very pleasant restaurant room. You can come with friends because it has a fun atmosphere. You can come in couple for an intimate dim light in the evening. Dress code relaxed or smart, all is possible !

For the food :
Honest portions. We are good eaters and we ate very well. Meals are always cooked in live. In Paris context, it's an excellent price for the quality. A lot of choice as starters, main dishes and deserts (especially vegan ice cream). Fair price, very tasty food. Fresh fruit juices, cocktails, organic wine.

Kebab: our favourite dish, the most gourmand. Vegan protein rolled in a hot pita bread with dressing. Served with french fries and salad. A comforting dish.
Creamy rice, vegetables wok : the most gourmet. Nice showing.
Pain perdu : gentle cake coated with fudge dressing and ice cream ball.
All ice cream are vegan and home made.
Banan split : always good. For hearty appetite.

Extended hours. Rare in Paris, open from 7:30 am to midnight.
Animals are welcome. Congratulations to Brasserie Lola !

Félicitations à la Brasserie Lola!
Nous ne sommes jamais déçus. Restaurant charmant et cosy. C'est une brasserie française typique, mais version vegan.
Salle et toilettes très propres. Serveuse sympathique. Salle très agréable. On peut venir entre amis car l'ambiance s'y prête. On peut venir en amoureux car les lumières tamisées du soir confèrent un esprit intime en début de soirée. Venez très décontracté ou très chic : Tout est possible.

Côté nourriture:
Assiettes copieuses. Nous, qui avons très bon appétit, avons très bien mangé. Les plats sont toujours préparés à la minute. Rapport qualité-prix excellent pour Paris. Large choix d'entrées, plats et desserts (notamment des glaces vegan). La cuisine est délicieuse. Les prix sont modérés en regard des quantités servies. Jus de fruits frais, cocktails, vin et alcools bio.

Samoussa : Excellents. La pâte est raffinée et la farce délicieuse.
Kebab: Notre plat préféré, le plus gourmand. Protéines végétales roulées dans un pain pita chaud en sauce. Servi avec frites et salade. Un plat réconfortant.
Pain perdu : Tendre gâteau nappé de sauce au caramel, servi avec sa boule de glace.

Horaires d'ouverture très larges. Le 1er restaurant végétarien de Paris ouvert de 7:30 à minuit.
Les animaux sont bien accueillis. Bravo à la Brasserie Lola !

Updated from previous review on 2015-12-02

Pros: Tasty, beautiful, accepts animals

Classic French, Actually Vegan - Edit

If you want a vegan version of the typical Parisien brasserie, then this is the place to visit. We were served by 2 different people - one of whom was incredibly friendly and helpful, the other seemed completely disinterested in serving us. It was busy and so the staff did have a lot of tables to work, but the food came quickly.

The menu had a range of options, plus good desserts.

Definitely recommended.

Pros: Variety on the menu

good food - Edit

nice location... right next to the metro. we ordered 1 entry, 2 main dishes that where delicious and the desert was also great.

Pros: pure vegan restaurant. prices were good and they a

Excellent, wordless - Edit

One of the best vegans place I went in Europe.

They had excellent healthy food, and excellent junk food too.. This is remarkable.. Very generous portions and very-friendly personal.

if you're in paris, must go.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent ambient, Normal price

Cons: Really, there are no cons in this place..

First Vegan experience in Paris! - Edit

We went quite early (3PM) to Brasserie Lola and was very impressed by the atmosphere and decor of the place. Typical French Brasserie but you would never know it was 100% vegan! Food was awesome, I had the Pad Thai which was delicious and my omni boyfriend had the hot dog and was very impressed by it! We ended it with a glorious chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream on top and whipped cream and that just finished us! We were so full by the time we left and very satisfied. Unfortunately the cheese was all out and I was disappointed because it was only 3 PM.

Only con was the service. It wasn't busy at all but there was only one person on the floor who seemed in a rush to do everything. Otherwise - awesome! We're coming here again. 4 Stars because of the service

Pros: 100% Vegan and good to take Omnis!, Great vibe, Great portions!

Cons: Service, No cheese

Great food+ ambience in the heart of Paris! - Edit

My mom and I (both vegans) went here during a trip to Paris and loved it! The pad Thai, cheeseburger, and banana split were all delicious. My only complaint is that we went about 8pm and the restaurant was packed, and there was only one waitress so our service was slow. I highly recommend this place, but go on the earlier hours of the night to beat the crowds! ❤️

Pros: DELICIOUS, Great location

Cons: Slow service

food is yum but staff is meh - Edit

Lovely cafe in a great location , the menu is quite small but with good options and its all vegan . Would've been a 5 if the staff was friendlier .
Today i got thai soup and cheeseburger and both were delicious but will not come back again because of the staff.

Pros: location, choice, taste

Cons: staff

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brasserie Lola closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.