Brasserie 2eme Art

Contact n/a

49 rue Montmartre, Paris, France, 75002

Second branch of Brasserie Lola, this one opened 2016 on Rive Droite in the 2nd arrondissement, close to Etienne Marcel metro station. Its decor is contemporary and can accommodates around 40 inside and around 10 on the terrace. Serves vegan food all hours, and offers a set menu for lunch on weekdays. Sample dishes include pad thai, club sandwich, kebab, risotto, and bagel. Open Mon-Sun 8:30am-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by Ricardo

Delicious food, friendly service, excellent location - Edit

Thanks to Happy Cow reviewers for recommending this restaurant. I wasn't disapppointed!

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly service, Excellent location

Pricy dishes, not friendly service! - Edit

Looking through the reviews, we were really excited to come here. Sadly, we were disappointed. The dishes were pricy (mains 13-18 euros) and the waitress was almost rude to us. Menu is only in French like in most of the restaurants in Paris. We ordered a burger and an oriental pizza. Burger was really nice and pizza too although we asked if it won't be spicy. The waitress assured it won't be at all which turned out to be not true because the sausage on top was definately spicy. All in all it was a good dinner but far too overpriced.

Wow! A MUST visit! - Edit

This restaurant caught me off-guard! I popped in for lunch and didn't expect the best meal of my trip! There's a funky vibe (a very cool green ceiling!) and some great outdoor seating (which was nice and toasty when I went back later that night :P), and the food was fabulous. I recommend the risotto!

Pros: The risotto!!, Funky vibe, Convenient to museums

Great soup, alright Pad Thaï - Edit

I got the Thaï Soup, which was splendid, and after a really long waiting time, we finally got our main dishes. I had Pad Thaï, which was only "okay" I'd say. However, they have a huge range of dishes they offer which vary from risoto to vegan pizzas. Would like to go back to try a different main dish.
They also serve a few desserts, but I didn't have any.

Pros: Large variety of food, Great soup, Cozy atmosphere

Cons: (Really) long waiting time, Pad Thai was only "okay", Not too many gluten free things (3 main dishes)

For Paris okay - Edit

Ate the cheeseburger. For Paris Vegan Standard it's okay and I am happy it exist. But if you have been in Berlin or London already you will be a little but disappointed cause it's normal vegan world food and not really special or innovative.

Pros: central, nice waiter, sitting outside

Cons: standard vegan world food , design

bon restau - Edit

Les plats sont bons, pas de mauvaise surprise. Pizza extra. En revanche le reste est sans surprise. Je regrette le manque de plats moins gras. Déçu du pad Thai avec une erreur dans la préparation des pâtes de riz qui collent entre elles.
Gros point positif pour le service!! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Des prix parisiens pour un repas sans grande surprise.

Pros: pizza, service

Cons: trop gras

Fantastic Lunch - Edit

We visited this brasserie for lunch before heading to the Louvre. Perfect place to fule up before taking it on! We had the bagle and vegan cheese burger bother were really delicious and big portions. It's not a super cheep place but comparible to similar places in Paris.

Pros: all vegan, varied menue, big portions

JUST RIGHT! - Edit

This place is amazing! It seems to be a French thing that the fact that it s a vegan restaurant is not announced anywhere in the name or on the menu. Only one dish had the v-word in it. It is decorated in a stylish yet cozy contemporary style and ALL the dishes tasted perfect. We had one set menu (plat dejeuner) which was quiet cheap, consisting of a soup, the spaghetti bolognese, and a panacotta desert. We ordered an additional pat thai coconut soup and pizza capione. It all came on time, was perfectly seasoned (like genuine Thai, Italian, Fench respecrively) and was looking so 'real', e.g. The cheese or bolognese, I had to confirm several times it was vegan.

Pros: friendly, fast service, inexpensive, awesome tastes

Delicious Lentil Dish - Edit

I loved the lentil and mashed potatoes dish I ordered at this chic Parisian restaurant. The flavors were purely French, and the meal was well-balanced and very tasty. Lovely ambiance.

Excellent food and location - Edit

I went here twice, and found it very comforting. Most importantly, the food is delicious. The menu is varied, the service is pleasant, it's nice to sit outdoors on a quiet street, water is delivered to the table immediately, the kitchen is open at all hours... exactly the kind of place I'd return to again and again if I lived in Paris.

Lovely lunch - Edit

We managed to navigate our way to this lovely place from Châtelet-Les Halles, the location is good and feels very authentically Parisian. The staff are welcoming, proclaiming to speak 'a little' English but it was easy enough for both sides to make ourselves understood. We had visited a few vegan places on our trip, but this was the one that stood out and had the most 'restaurant' feel to it. The menu has a wide choice to suit a variety of tastes, we went for the artichoke, mushroom and fig bagel and a pizza. The food is delicious, and really generous portions. We also went for a dessert, which was phenomenal (chocolate cake - do recommend). Hours later we are still stuffed and agree that this was our favourite place of the holiday. Good directions (we used offline maps) are probably important, but the language barrier is easily managed and it's well worth the effort to find this place. Absolutely wonderful! It is labeled as vegetarian/vegan, but all food is vegan.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff

Cons: None!

Waffles!! - Edit

We had waffles (for breakfast) twice and they were great both times.
So fluffy and delicious with a great cup of coffee.
The service was friendly and would definitely recommend!

Pros: Waffles!!

Solid Paris Vegan - Edit

About a 10 minute walk from the Louvre, this small no-frills brasserie delivered on delicious vegan fare. The menu had good range for many tastes. I especially liked the vegan cheese burger, but most of all, their desserts rocked. The pain caramel was outstanding, as well as a sampler with pain caramel, chocolate brownie and shot of coffee. Friday and Saturday nights were busy but walk-ins were generally not a problem. Casual, moderately priced.

Pros: Tasty vegan food, Decent range, Fairly priced

Cons: Indoor space is small and basic

Lovely evening - Edit

We went here on our first evening in Paris and were really happy to find a fully vegan restaurant. We spent around 50 euro on two main courses and a bottle of wine, but all of it was so incredibly good that we cannot call that expensive at all. The atmosphere and staff were also very nice.

Pros: Amazing food (and wine), Nice atmosphere

Cons: None!

Good place to take omni friends - Edit

The food is pretty good, although the portion sizes are a bit uneven... dishes like the kebab, burger and tartine crostini are large and very filling, while the risotto and pad thai are on the small size and may leave you hungry, while the price is the same or higher.

A major plus for this place is that they offer a large vegan waffle for dessert, with optional chocolate sauce, whipped cream and jam. I don't know of any other place in Paris that has this.

The atmosphere and decor is the same as in any other French brasserie, which make it a place where people unfamiliar with vegetaranism/veganism can feel comfortable. In fact, if someone don't know it's a veg place, they might not ever notice as there are no signs saying "vegan" etc. in the restaurant, and barely any mention on the menu (apart from the menu item titled "vegan cheeseburger").

The day I went, the front doors were all open, so lots of cigarette smoke from the sidewalk terrace diners came into the restaurant, reaching our table even in the back. After the terrace was empty, the air remained smoky (smelling) inside. But I suppose this won't be a problem in winter.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, vegan waffles!

Cons: smoky indoors (in warm weather), small portions for certain dishes

Typical Parisian experience, but all vegan! - Edit

This second location of this vegan brasserie is great, very centrally located in a nice street. It offers a typical Parisian experience with fully vegan food. This homemade food is excellent, you have many choices on the menu: pizzas, one burger, bagels, some thaï food, waffles, banana split and some French desserts. On the whole, I found this second location better than the other one even if it is more crowded. They have wine selections and beer, which is appreciable. Because the food is homemade, the service is usually slow so you must have time when you come here. I find the overall experience a little pricey, but it is consistent with the location in Paris, unfortunately. But I would definitely come back to try all the menu!

Pros: various choices, homemade, excellent food, offers wine, central location, open on Sunday

Cons: slow service, a little pricey

very good - Edit

We go there quite often.
Great brasserie with good decoration. Service can be slow sometimes.
Food is very good but a little bit too expensive (average 13-14€).
You can trick your friends there and make them believe it's not vegan because there's nothing saying it is !

Good food, quiet atmosphere - Edit

We ate at this Brasserie twice. The food was basic but quite good. It's quieter than many Parisian restaurants, including its sister restaurant, Brasserie Lola. Recommended for a filling and relaxing meal.

Pros: Good food, Quiet atmosphere, Good value

Pas mal, pas mal - Edit

Le lieu est très central, en plein cœur de paris, ce qui est déjà un excellent point. La déco est très réussie également, bravo ! En ce qui concerne la nourriture, je dirais que c'est bon sans plus, ce n'est pas une explosion de saveurs mais ça reste correct, d'autant que le menu du midi reste très abordable (12€ si mes souvenirs sont bons). Quand on commande à la carte, forcément ça fait mal, surtout les desserts à 8€ mais ils sont délicieux : le gâteau au chocolat est à tester absolument tout comme les gaufres qui sont à se damner ! Dommage que les plats ne soient pas aussi goûteux que les desserts...Dommage aussi que le service soit si lent...

Pros: Great location, Excellent desserts, Friendly staff

Cons: Food ok but not wow, Slow service

Beaucoup de potentiel, mal exploité - Edit

Ayant découvert cette brasserie il y a peu, et ayant adoré mes 2 premières venues, j'y suis revenue régulièrement. Malheureusement, le service laisse vraiment a désirer si ce n'est pas Alice qui s'occupe de vous! 1 heure d'attente pour 2 pizzas, pas de sourire, pas de gentillesse... Dommage, j'aimais vraiment venir ici car les plats sont tès bons et les prix très corrects...

Pros: Qualité des plats Prix

Cons: Service Gentillesse

Another great French-Style Brasserie - Edit

Great to see Brasserie Lola branching out! This brasserie is in a fantastic spot in the 2e Arrondisement, close to the Centre Pompidou and with a nice view of a broad pedestrian street which can be enjoyed on a good day; on bad days there is plenty of seating indoors. The 100% vegan menu is delicious, with traditional French plates such as hot salads and waffles as well as more international cuisine like falafels, pizza and ice-cream.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Great location

Cons: Service can be slow, A little expensive

Same good food, great range, as Cafe Lola - Edit

Understandably very similar to Cafe Lola. Good, all-vegan food, English-speaking friendly service.
Indoor and outdoor seating. Nice street to watch while you eat.

Pros: Vegan

fantastic place and great pizza! - Edit

very nice decor and atmosphere, lots of gluten free options. the pizza is soooo good. and the brownie is gluten free and to die for.

Pros: lots of options. all vegan. beautiful inside.

Cons: can be slow.. but that's french style

Loved it! - Edit

What a great brasserie in a great spot! Just a typical French bar but with an entirely vegan menu. We had the burger and pad Thai. Both great. Then ended the meal with a huge waffle and a cafe gourmand. The staff was great and we'll be back to enjoy this place.

Pros: great terrace , location, delicious food

Disappointing - Edit

This restaurant was unfortunately a huge disappointment.
We first ordered non-alcoholic drinks and we were told that, because it was happy hour, the drinks would be for a "special price" of "only" €5.50 per drink, instead of the "normal" price of €8.50.
It turned out that the drinks consisted of glasses filled completely with crushed ice, leaving practically no room for anything to drink except for a few swallows of sugared tap water. That for a so-called €5.50 "special price"!
Next, we did not find the food to be good. In any case, we found it greatly overpriced, given the small portions and mediocre quality.
We also concluded that the restaurant had made no effort about the decor. The walls looked dilapidated. Part of the restaurant was so narrow that the staff kept bumping into the clients while they were serving. Moreover, the restaurant was too noisy.
The lady who seemed to be running the show refused to answer any of our questions. We would have liked to be able to express ourselves kindly to her in order to give her an opportunity to make improvements, but she did not want to hear anything we wanted to say.
We do hope improvements will be made nonetheless. For the time being, we certainly do not intend to go back.

Pros: At least it's vegan (or seems to be).

Cons: Mediocre food, skimpy portions., Bad service, unhelpful staff, noisy, unpleasant at, Over priced food and drinks.

Kebabs, kebabs, kebabs. - Edit

My husband and I met with a new friend at Brasserie 2eme Art. We had to decide between this and another and figured they were both so similar so we went for the one with less available information.

And by less available information, they kinda skimped out on the service a little bit as well. We got there shortly before happy hour ended, so we were given a drinks menu.. and then they never came to take our drink orders. When someone finally came to take our orders happy hour was over and they didn't give us the special. That was disappointing and disorganized, and for that they lose a star.

We each ordered different plates and shared with one another.
My husband ordered an Italian-inspired dish with a bread base and vegetables on top, something like an underwhelming attempt at a pizza. While it was tasty, it was nothing more than an ordinary thing I could whip up at home for much less than what we paid for.
I ordered the risotto, which was a fantastic dish but still not very memorable.
Our friend ordered the kebabs.. and wow. It was the best vegan kebab I've ever had! The kebabs made up for the weird service and other underwhelming dishes.

If you go here, keep it simple and order kebabs. I think their brownie dessert was quite special too!

Pros: Kebabs, Dessert, Very kind staff

Cons: Disoriented service, Price is higher than it should be, Wine bottle was less than $5 at the store

Vegan brasserie / brasserie végétalienne - Edit

A vegan brasserie that serves classic dishes like risotto, bolognese along with kebab or burger. Risotto was excellent and well presented. The kebab was copious, with good quality ingredients and nice fries. Maybe a bit too sweet. Chocolate cake and pain perdu were probably the best part. Great service.
Quite expensive though: €43 for two, with 2 mains and 2 desserts and tap water.

Une brasserie végétalienne (qui n'indique pas qu'elle l'est). À côté de plats classiques comme la salade caesar, le risotto ou le sandwich club on trouve un kébab, un burger ou un pad Thaï. Le risotto et le kébab étaient très bons, bien cuisinés et et présentés. Les ingrédients sont de qualité. Le kébab avait un goût peut-être un peu trop sucré. Les desserts (fondant au chocolat et pain perdu caramélisé avec glace et chantilly) étaient particulièrement réussis. Joli cadre, bon accueil. Par contre, c'est cher.

Pros: Real cuisine / vraie cuisine, Good ingredients / bons ingredients , Desserts / desserts

Cons: Expensive / Cher

great little place! - Edit

Location easy to find- close to the Les Halles metro station, and a short walk down Montmartre, on the left with a white awning. Started off with a great samosa plate, and I had a fantastic Pad Thai, my niece had the "cheese"burger and fries. Finished up the meal with a dessert trio that included a dark chocolate cake, raspberry sorbet, and a toffee/sticky pudding square, accompanied by espresso.

It was fine, but no excellent. - Edit

I went there with two non-vegan friends and we enjoyed the food all three. I had the burger, one the cesar Salad and the other had the risotto. The staff was friendly but our waitress was looking like she really didn't enjoy her job and she was not very attentive even though it was not a busy night.. We ordered two margaratis for 8.5 euros each, and they were too tiny and very sour. I have had many drinks in my life and the were really bad. My other friend had a mojito which was very good.
So if they could just make some better margaritas and a hire a more happy and attentive waitress i can recommend it.

Pros: Vegan everything, Nice location and nice decoration inside, It is possibly to sit outside

Cons: The size and taste of the margarita, The waitress

Enjoyable - Edit

I wasn't too certain that I had found the correct spot, as I was looking for signage that made it obvious that this was a veg spot. However, the staff came out to greet me as I was peering inside the window (lol). I asked if they had food for vegetarians and was informed that this was a 'special place for vegetarians.' As I only speak a little french, the staff proceeded to explain all of their dishes for me. I had the risotto and absolutely loved it. It comes with some shredded veggies on the side, which were also good (just a little too heavy on the celery for my liking). I was so stuffed that I didn't get a chance to sample anything else here - but will definitely return here on my next trip.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, English is no problem

great place! - Edit

We ate here twice during our weekend in Paris. Good portions, pricing, nice and very quick service, cocktail happy hour during dinner time! Atmosphere is also nice. In the back you can see the chefs working. Also we could be seated without reservation (for others not, hence the reason we went here twice) but I learn from the review before that the place just opened, so will probably get more busy.

Another great place from Brasserie Lola's owners - Edit

From the same owners of Brasserie Lola in the 15th. arrondissement, Brasserie 2eme Art just opened its doors a few days ago.

At the time of writing this review, the menu is basically the same as in Brasserie Lola (juices, soups, kebab, burger, risotto, pain perdu, ice-cream); however, we've been told that they are planning to have pizzas and also a brunch on Sundays!

It's a great place to meet friends and to enjoy a good and filling vegan meal. And, if the weather permits, enjoy the nice weather in the terrace seats (though, it could be risky for those of us who don't smoke).

Being a Brasserie, it's open non-stop everyday from the morning until midnight, so that's definitely a huge plus; even more considering the location (walking distance from Chatelet-Les Halles or Palais-Royal).

One last thing, if the place is full, you might need to wait a bit to get your order; so you are warned. :)

All-in-all, I highly recommend this place!

Pros: working non-stop, good value, friendly staff

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Brasserie 2eme Art closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5104 times since May 2016.