Bozena's Bar and Restaurant

Contact 928511463

Calle Teide 6, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote, Canary Islands, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Polish and Irish restaurant near the old harbor in Puerto del Carmen. Has separate vegetarian menu with dishes including vegetable curry, spinach and mushroom lasagne, Mediterranean bake and stuffed peppers. Vegans could have a burger and chips, vegetable vindaloo, and a stew.

Category: Lacto, Mediterranean, Irish, Polish, Non-veg

First Review by pez

Great vegan menu - Edit

I found this place by chance while on holiday. They have a separate vegetarian and vegan menu with lots of different choices, I went for the burger and chips which was made with curried vegetables and lentils and came with a sweet chili dip. There's no vegan deserts on the menu, but it's worth a visit for the main courses alone. The staff were lovely and the restaurant has a great décor and atmosphere.

Pros: Great selection of food, Friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: No vegan desserts

Fantastic place and yummy food - Edit

I think this is my favourite restaurant in the whole world. The food is so good, and they have som many vegetarian and vegan choices, so i never get tired of eating here. The restaurant has so much character, and the staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome. Even though it was almost 2 years ago my husband and I had been there they still remembered us when we came in the door.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, right size portions

Cons: meat on the menu, closed on sundays

Good vegan options! - Edit

Staff were lovely and very helpful! I had the Berbere Ethiopian stew with brown rice which was absolutely delicious! My carnist boyfriend had the cous cous with vegetables which he thoroughly enjoyed!Good portion sizes and a great atmosphere.

Would be good if they offered a vegan dessert but you can't have everything!When I asked if they had any vegan desserts they said no but gave us a complimentary Jack Daniels instead!

Pros: Plenty of vegan options, Nice staff and reasonably priced, Very tasty food

Cons: No vegan desserts

Fantastic food - Edit

Tried a few of the places in Lanzarote mentioned on here but this was by far the best. About 15 different options, with some great flavours and large portion sizes. One of the best places I've ever been for vegetarain food!

Pros: Selection, Portion size, Quality

Nice restautant, beautifull view, very good food - Edit

We went to celebrate our last night in Puerto del Carmen to Bodeco's (Bozenas, - I'm not sure witch one is the official name). They have a good vegetarian & vegan menu (with clearly marked Vegan options). My husband is vegan, we had 3 vegan dishes and 1 vegetarian (2 adults, 2 kids). Food was very good - not just "food without meat" but real vegetarian food. Fresh vegetables and new tastes.
Place was nice and we had a table on second floor with a view over the Puerto. Good service.

Prices were slightly more expensive than in other restaurants (about 11-13 euros) but I think it was worth it.

Pros: Excellent food, Clearly marked vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: -, -, -

A nice surprise - Edit

This cute place has a whole page of veggie and vegan options in the menu. Vegan items are clearly marked and do not appear to need prior ordering as was previously the case. Excellent food, nice atmosphere, house wine could be better, and all served with a smile. When Blooming Cactus is closed, or you fancy a chance, highly recommended.

Pros: vegan choices, nice atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: house wine not to my taste

nice food - Edit

I visited Lanzarote christmas 2009. There were about 10 different vegetrian dishes on the menu and 4 of these were suitable for vegans, however some dishes you had to pre order the day before and for that reason I only had the vegan curry. 5 times during my 2 week visit. very nice. The staff were friendly and the owner went out of her way to make us feel welcome. The meals arent cheap, approximately 10 euros a meal but the food is good and you get quite a lot for your money plus a complementary drink at the end of the meal.

Return to Lanzarote Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bozena's Bar and Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1591 times since Aug 2007.