Box of Frogs

Bridewell Lane, Bantry, Ireland, 0000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small coffee house and bakery opened in spring 2013. Offers Irish roasted coffee, fresh baked goods, sandwiches, and soup. Has a vegetarian salad bar with grains, pulses, and greens. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Take-out, Bakery, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by Sas

Amazing! Great eatery in a beautiful town. - Edit

Bantry is a beautiful town, and I would recommend anyone visit whilst they are in Ireland. Having a great little eatery like Box of Frogs there is just the icing on the cake. The Irish are known for their friendliness and warm welcomes, and the staff at Box of Frogs only reinforce this more. Such nice people, they could not have done more to make us feel welcome. I am vegan and gluten-free and the chef talked me through a huge list of ingredients he had that I could eat. He then made me the most incredible salad bowl that included fresh fruit, roasted new potatoes and vegetables, pesto, endives and countless other tasty elements that I can't remember because I was so busy enjoying every mouthful. My friend I was travelling with is omnivore, and she loved the options they had too. We washed our food down with a wheatgrass juice (incredible) and I also had an amazing vanilla chai latte (they had soya and almond milk available). The cost was very reasonable as well, and the restaurant has a lovely, relaxed feel to it. They also have a wine menu should you want it.

Pros: Great, fresh food prepared right in front of you, Amazing barista coffee, Friendly welcoming staff

Return to Bantry Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Box of Frogs closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.