First Review by mumpsimus

A nice choice for good value & moderate prices. - Edit

I'm happy to report that as of today, July 8, 2016, this restaurant has only gotten better. The menu is quite diverse and true vegetarian. The Mock meat is tasteful and the dishes are prepared with flair.
The prices range from about 25 to 85 rmb each dish. There's also plenty of seating upstairs for larger parties as well.
The menu is well done in Mandarin & English with photos for each dish.
Less than 10 minutes walking from the subway.
Best of all, the two dishes I had were with very little oil.
At 5:45 Friday, one table was occupied but at 6:40pm, the place was fully occupied.

Pros: Portions were good. not too small at all., Near the subway, Reasonably priced

Cons: Can't think of any and I'm a tough critic!

Delicious food~ - Edit

This restaurant is not situated in a very hot~popular area, actually there's nothing particular about it as far as I know. The place wasn't full, unlike most vegetarian restaurants I went to in Beijing, which was nice.
We ordered two dishes for two but as soon as the food arrived we knew it wasn't enough as the portions can be a bit small (not all). The menu has pictures and both chinese and english descriptions.

Everything we ordered was nicely presented and really delicious!! The prices of these dishes we ordered were around 50rmb. So I would say around 80rmb per person is enough. Not very cheap compared to other vegetarian restaurants in Beijing.

As the food was really good, I want to go back and try new dishes.

Pros: Presentation, atmosphere

Cons: small portions

Personal view - Edit

The food here is delicious, especially the "flame beancurd", "dry pot cauliflower" and handroll (for vegan, please asked them to leave out the salad sauce while preparing). The manager is very helpful and delicate. They do not use the 5 pungent plant in this restaurants, however dairy products are used in several dishes. Vegan do let them know in advanced and they are quite good in guiding us what to avoid. No egg are used.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 23, 2011

Pros: no 5 pungent plant, delicious

Cons: dairy products used

Peace at last - Edit

Bowei Tang is a lovely restaurant, very quiet and peaceful. I was so happy to escape the noise streets of Beijing for a short while. The restaurant is also beautifully decorated. Most tables are separated by long white curtains that are coming down from the ceiling.
The staff is extremely friendly, asking questions like what kind of food do you like, how do you like it prepared and so on. I am not sure whether they speak English though. However, the menu is both in English and in Chinese. Since I live near the place I will be able to review more dishes eventually, for now I tried some typical Chinese dishes because I had not eaten them in a long time.
After my dinner the waitress assured me that there were lots of other special dishes that I should try next time.
The pricing is a little bit higher than your regular restaurant in Beijing, expect to pay around a 100 RMB if you are REALLY hungry, like I was today...

Pros: friendly staff, very quiet restaurant, non-smoking

Return to Beijing Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bowei Tang closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1610 times since Jul 2009.