Bouldin Creek Cafe

512-416-1601

1900 S First St, Austin, Texas, USA, 78704

Coffeehouse turned full-service restaurant. Offers breakfast all day, salads, sandwiches, hot meals with tofu, veggie tacos, blueberry cornbread, and beverages. Soymilk and almond milk available for chai and coffee. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 8:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out

First Review by Masalaflower

Great Vegan Breakfast Burritos - Edit

The veggie chorizo is delicious!!! Lots of vegan options, very easy to eat here.

Pros: Vegan Options, Vegan Breakfast Burrito

Cons: Crowded, Limited Parking

Amazing Breakfast! - Edit

Everything in their menu can be made vegan.
Menu has great options, the food was delicious and good coffee.
It would be really hard to be disappointed in this restaurant.

Pros: Food choice, Coffee, Service

Cons: could wait a long time

#1 Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant in Austin - Edit

If you're looking for the best, this is it.

Pros: Great Selection, Awesome Patio, Vibe

Cons: Sometimes there's a long wait

Superb for Vegans...especially brunch - Edit

Bouldin Creek is my go-to in Austin. Bouldin Creek is excellent for vegans and vegetarians any meal of the day: breakfast is served all day, lunch, dinner, dessert. Some dishes require modification to be vegan, like the Renedict, but the staff are very helpful. The portions are always so big and a great value. Save room for dessert because their pastry case is overflowing with vegan baked goods.

Pros: Many vegan options, Excellent food, Large Portions

Cons: Parking

Amazing food, staff and atmosphere - Edit

I eat here every time I visit Austin. The food is outstanding with great variety. The staff is amazing and very welcoming. They also always have great beer on tap.

simply the best breakfast place in South AUSTIN - Edit

I visit Bouldin creek cafe weekly. they have tons of vegan options and all are quite tasty. I especially enjoy the veggie burger and the BLT at anytime, but it's the only place that has so many tasty vegan breakfast options!

A Favorite! - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants serving Vegan dishes in Texas. Always a very unique menu that changes a lot so always something new to try. If you haven't tried it give it a shot. Sit at the bar and have a great craft beer along with an amazing vegan dish. Staff is also VERY friendly!

amazing vegan breakfasts - Edit

they have omelettes but can do them all with tofu. amazing food

Favorite place in Austin - Edit

Came here three times in one week (while in town). Was easily the best place we ate at on our vacation! All meals can easily be made vegan. Full coffee menu is available and the coffee is soooo good. You have to try the tofu scramble! Have to!

Pros: Parking available, The best tofu scramble

Cons: Wait for seating during peak hours

Don't leave Austin without going here - Edit

Amazing vibe and food! Great hummus, fajitas, hibiscus tea, blt, broccoli salad..both miso and garlic tahiti excellent dressing. Super experience!

Pros: Vibe, Food, Overall excellent

True Austin staple! - Edit

Bouldin is our favorite place to eat in Austin. We typically go for breakfast but also have stopped in for lunch and dinner. I loooooovvvveeee the tamale breakfast! Two delicious sweet potato pecan tamales with the tofu scramble... best way to start your morning. Oh and make sure to get the Bennie to drink, it is great! If you happen to go at lunch or dinner, you can order breakfast but I would highly recommend going for the Veggie Royale Burger. It is beyond good, it's hard to decide which treat I like best so I say, try them both! I get the Chipotle pecan pesto as my topping of choice with kettle chips. The burger is served on a chibatta bun with lettuce and tomatoes. It's delicious!

Pros: food is great, nice staff, good location

Cons: wait time

great place - Edit

We had a great brunch here and we'll be sure to stop in again when we're in town

Incredibly good! - Edit

Ordered the El Tipico (breakfast) sub'd the eggs for tofu scramble, which was excellent. This place knows what time it is. Everything was perfectly flavored, large portions and the dish was $6.50! Unheard of!!! I highly recommend Boudin Creek when in Austin. You will not regret it.

Pros: Flavorful, Large Porttions, Fresh

Great all around - Edit

I went with as the only vegan with 3 meat eaters. Everyone found something that they liked and when I got my "eggs renedict" they all had to try it! Super good and so many options! The customer service and atmosphere were great. However, if you go for Sunday brunch, be prepared to wait for a little bit. But in my opinion, as long as you're with friends and not in a hurry, it's worth the wait.

Pros: Options, Customer Service, Nice vibe

Cons: Wait time for food

lovely little coffee house/cafe - Edit

The artsy lofty atmosphere reminded me of shops in Chicago. I tried a cold veggie sandwich with the Asian coleslaw.Mmmmm I am not usually a coleslaw fan, but this is the yummiest, not slathered in gagworthy mayo, side ever. I got the lavender lemonade too. Everything was fresh, healthy, and delicious. The people are sweet and knowledgeable and answered all of my questions about ingredients used. I am pretty critical of what I put into my body and I am grateful for helpful and intelligent information.
My coffee was dark and toasty, just how I need it to be.

Pros: artsy atmosphere, plenty of seating

Cons: not all organic

Breakfast Burritos! - Edit

Went for brunch and loved the tofu scramble and vegan chorizo! My husband got the renadict which was very yummy as well. Our waitress was friendly and let us know that they were super busy and it was taking a bit longer to get to our order because there were a lot of people ordering tofu and they only use specific pans for the tofu! (Props for that)

August 3, 2014 - Edit

I got a to-go order of the sweet potato pecan tamales. My food came out in 5 minutes and was exceptionally tasty! The staff were all very friendly too! I look forward to having a sit down meal there sometime

Pros: quick, tasty, affordable

Cons: crowded

Tofu Renedict - Edit

I came to try the much hyped tofu renedict. I didn't care for the vegan hollandaise sauce so it was a bit of a miss for me. The scramble was decent, though. I liked the ambiance but be warned, get here early for weekend brunch because there can be long lines (and the renedict can sell out)

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bouldin Creek Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.