Botanica

Serves meat, vegan options available. The owners have extensive culinary experience, and their focus is on a small changing menu using seasonal and local ingredients. In an area with no pure veg choices, this provides an option - call ahead to see what the kitchen can provide for veg/vegan diners.

Categories: British, European, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by Swampgirl

Poor prep for special meal - Edit

I contacted the restaurant two weeks in advance of our trip to Kames and asked if they could cater for vegans, they responded that they could and asked if I had any suggestions. I gave a few ideas and booked two meals, one lunch and one dinner.

When we turned up for lunch the lady asked if vegans ate fish, and then looked at the menu with me for a while. There were no vegetarian options for mains, and very little looked veganisable! This was so disappointing as the place looks very sweet and I was really looking forward to our meal. Despite the lady's help we weren't able to have a satisfactory meal, and ended up with a hodgepodge of udon noodles, fried veg and herby garlic oil.

The manager was apologetic, and discounted our meal but we are sad that somewhere we hoped to have a few meals at over our holiday didn't put any prior thought to our visit at all despite our communication beforehand.

Pros: Fresh produce, Decor

Cons: No planning or forethought for our meal , Don't understand vegan requirements

Local and fresh - Edit

I really enjoyed this restaurant. The menu is mostly meat and seafood, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but we asked if they could make something vegan, and they were more than happy to. We were just having a light lunch, so I had a bruschetta with a side of fresh asparagus. Both had locally foraged wild garlic and it was all very fresh and delicious.
I also had coffee and strawberries after. They were super sweet and delicious!
Overall, I really enjoyed the bright fresh atmosphere, the art on the walls, the friendly service, and the overall concept the restaurant, which aims to use as many local, seasonal and sustainable ingredients possible. And it didn't hurt that the town was super cute too.

Pros: Super fresh produce, Local and sustainable, Good service and space

Cons: Have to ask for vegan (not on menu)

Return to Tighnabruaich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Botanica closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.