Boss Bagel

• ( 3 reviews )

6458 N New Braunfels Ave, San Antonio, Texas, USA, 78209

Serves meat, vegan options available. A wood fired bagel & coffee shop offering vegan bagels, tofu schmear, non-dairy milks, and sandwiches. Vegans need to inquire as they are not clearly labeled. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-2:00pm, Sat 8:00am-2:00pm, Sun 8:00am-3:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by jspel

RenegadeRN

Points +28

14 Jul 2021

Move Over Breakfast Tacos! Bagels Rule!

Perfectly toasted bagels with roasted veggies and savory tofu -or strawberry tofu schmears with a variety of bagels. YUM! Must have weekly. If Happy Cow would allow me to give 5 stars, I would. PS. The cauliflower bagel is gluten free and delicious!

Updated from previous review on 2019-10-03

Updated from previous review on 2021-07-14

Pros: Excellent Bagels- Many flavors!, Tofu schmears are great...Especially strawberry. , Something for everyone- vegans, keto, gf

Cons: Want more flavors of tofu schmears! Pretty please, Only 3 flavors of tofu schmears., They LISTEN and aim to please customers.

carriemull

Points +20

21 Jul 2019

Cannot get orders right

I used to visit a lot, however I had to stop visiting after the fourth or fifth time they messed up my order. The vegan tofu schmears share the same name as the nonvegan schmears, so I was frequently given a bagel with real cream cheese. It’s a great breakfast/lunch place, if only they could get their orders right! I’m bummed, but after the stomach aches I’ve endured by eating there, I’m not inclined to go back until they fix their current system. If you do visit, I would double or even triple check that they understand you want the VEGAN schmear. I’d even make someone at the counter do a taste test before you try eating it. Their bagels are great and the vegan schmears are too, but they can’t seem to get their orders right.

Pros: Great bagels , Vegan cream cheese! , Inexpensive

Cons: Frequently mess up

jspel

Points +36

03 Mar 2019

Great Bagel

Had three tofu smears to choose from, strawberry was very good!
They also make a cauliflower bagel, didn’t try that though.

Return to San Antonio Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boss Bagel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.