Boreal Coffee Shop - Mont Blanc

• ( 10 reviews )

Rue du Mont-Blanc 15, Geneva, Switzerland, 1201

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee cafe and bakery with a few outlets. Has soy milk for coffee, tea, and hot chocolate and usually a vegan cake and a quinoa salad. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-6:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, European, Non-veg

First Review by lindsayblaire

else.H.

Points +120

23 May 2021

Not really vegan friendly

They had vegan milk but the only option for food was a dry and boring looking flapjack. Also they didn't know about theyr food and almost gave me a cake containing milk

HC-Zurich

Points +25156

10 Aug 2020

The raw brownie is not for everyone

I tried the raw brownie, which wasn't sweet enough for my taste, and the coconut cookie, which I liked better. Neither were fantastic. The atmosphere and location are great, though, as is the large selection of three different plant milks.

Updated from previous review on 2020-08-10

MiniMina

Points +265

14 Mar 2020

Lots of options for plant-based milk

They had soy, almond, hazelnut and oat milk when I went. Unfortunately, the staff didn't seem knowledgeable when I asked them for pairing recommendation with my chai tea. I also had an energy ball which was good and filling.

Pros: Variety of plant-based milk, Lot of vegan beverage options, Good quality

Cons: Expensive, Not all staff is knowledgeable about vegan options

Daniela.

Points +71

15 Jul 2019

Nice and cozy

Liked the ambiance and hazelnut milk option for coffee however there was only one vegan cake and a vegan cookie. I wasn’t lucky to see any vegan salads or sandwiches. Still enjoyed the coffee and vegan lemon cake. Will come back next time I’m visiting Geneva. :)

Pros: Vegan milk options , Ambience

sarahep

Points +320

04 Jun 2019

Vegan desserts !

Nice vegan food, but I’d love to see more vegan options

ShannonWuarin

Points +123

14 Mar 2019

Coffee

I love that the folks at the Eaux-Vives location take the time to make my Almond Milk or Soy Milk Cap look lovely! It takes talent to make a frothy heart, but it means a lot, honestly, to have my coffee just as pretty as the non vegan milks!

Pros: options, pretty coffee, some vegan desserts

Cons: desserts are only ok

LaurenGovier

Points +18

07 Jan 2019

Little Gem!

Cute, cosy, and a real vegan find in Geneva! Lovely atmosphere with friendly staff

Pros: Loads of vegan stuff, Vegan brownie + cake, Range of plant based milks

chris10kors

Points +1000

14 Apr 2018

cute place

I just had a cappuccino with soy milk but it was delicious! They also have almond milk so the majority of their drinks can be made vegan. I also saw 3 vegan options for food: a lemon cake, a homemade granola bar and 2 flavors of packaged vegan cookies. I believe the cookies and bar were both gluten free. Cute little shop also sells coffees and teas to brew at home. Would highly recommend

Pros: multiple vegan milk options, multiple vegan snack options

Cons: limited seating

MyrtilleBoulet

Points +13

Mostly Veg
09 Jun 2017

More and more choice offered

Boréal is my favourite place for coffee. They now offer almond and halznuts milk as an alternative to soy milk or clw milk. There is also more vegetarian choice regarding the food.

lindsayblaire

Points +20

15 Jan 2013

Great coffee shop - vegan friendly!

I have always loved Boreal coffee and only recently began eating vegan, so I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that Boreal has vegan food options (at least one every day) and a soy milk option for drinks. I had a matcha latte with soy milk that was nice and a quinoa cumin salad with carrots and oranges that was really nice. Highly recommended!

Pros: Vegan friendly, Soy milk options, Excellent coffee

Cons: Crowded , Difficult to find seating

Return to Geneva Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boreal Coffee Shop - Mont Blanc closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.