Boon Burger Cafe - Burlington

Contact 905-632-2666

399 Elizabeth St, Burlington, Ontario, Canada,

Part of vegan burger franchise, this one est. 2016. Offers vegan patties which are made into different flavors of burgers; also poutine, chili cheese fries, hot dogs, soups, salads, and non-dairy soft-serve ice cream. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by ThatHippieMom

Fantastic food - Edit

I was really excited when this chain came to town. Their whole vibe is fantastic--all vegan, sustainable, and lots of gluten-free options. The burgers are great--definitely a premium veggie burger experience. They're a bit pricey for burgers, but they're also gigantic. That's really the only downside of the place to me: the burgers are so huge that you can't really eat them as burgers. You have to cut them apart and eat bits and pieces, which slightly detracts from the overall burger experience. This has been true for me and all the guests I've brought here. Still, it doesn't stop me coming back and recommending it to others.

Pros: Very tasty food, Nice location near the water, Friendly staff

Cons: Burgers are too big to eat as burgers

Excellent gourmet burger experience! - Edit

If you went to Boon Burger when it first opened, definitely try again! The team has found its groove and the new menu is excellent. If you aren't sure, just ask - the staff is friendly and will gladly walk you through the menu. You'll notice at non-vegan gourmet burger chains the menus are also complex and the wait staff offer to guide you through the menu. The wait time and prices are also comparable to other gourmet burger chains, but at Boon you don't have to ask to hold the mayo or the cheese! Aside from the fancy burgers, the pizza is also fantastic. So happy to have Boon in Burlington!

Pros: Friendly, accommodating staff, Huge portions, Good local wine

Overpriced and Underwhelming - Edit

A number of problems here. An overly complicated menu. Slow service. Underwhelming food. High prices ($37 for 2 burgers with sides and soft drinks).Burgers felt undercooked. They were soft and mushy in the centre and very messy. Baked "fries" were okay but unispired and the salad was nothing to write home about.In short, I wouldn't go back. We were disappointed in virtually all aspects of the experience and I doubt that this restaurant will survive for long unless drastic changes are made.I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get the gist of this review.

Pros: Finally! A vegan burger joint!

Cons: I could have done better myself.

Burgers So Good I Get Extra Patties to Freeze! - Edit

Boon Burgers are amazing. I have sampled several different ones and love them all so far. Fantastically salads and soft serve. In addition to the fantastic taste of the burgers I love he texture. In my opinion the perfect vegan burger! Love them so much I buy extra patties to take home and freeze for when I can think of what to do for dinner. Evan my meat eating husband loves them.

A welcome addition - Edit

There may have been some hype around this place opening in Burlington. It’s nice to see more vegan options in the area. That being said I was slightly underwhelmed with my experiences there. There was good and there was not so good. I’ll start with the good. Value – the prices are decent and you get a lot of food. I like the combo style and I did not leave hungry either time I went. Service – I felt my first visit was lackluster but my second made up for it. Our server Dana was great, table checked us even though this is a counter service kinda place. Answered a ton of questions, made recommendations, dealt with problems all with a friendly attitude. Vegan – any place with vegan options is great! Well, not really, but they’re a welcome addition. Food – the kale arugula salad was really good and the soft serve is amazing. Now the not so good; Food – Ok where do I start? I’ve sampled 4 burgers and they were all very one note, they’re missing some texture somewhere and that bun is crazy big and way too soft for those sloppy burgers, its really fresh though. The fries, or rather bakes as they should be called are also less than stellar. Tables – super wobbly tables, super annoying. Washrooms – downright glitzy washrooms (seriously, they’re nice) but no baby change table. The sign on the washrooms say “Everyone’s Washroom” which is great but what about the babies? In closing I will totally go back to Boon Burger, mostly because of Dana, partly because the kale arugula salad and partly because of the soft serve.

Pros: Dana, soft serve, shmancy washrooms

Cons: texture, parking

Return to Burlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boon Burger Cafe - Burlington closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 582 times since Jun 2016.