Boojon Tandoori

28 Charles St, Bath, England, BA1 1HU

Serves meat, vegan options available. Modern decor, family-run Indian restaurant near city centre. Menu includes some vegetarian entrees - need ask about dairy use. Not licensed (bring your own alcohol with no corkage charge). Try the tandoori roti.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by exeterphil

Good enough food - Edit

The service at this restaurant was very good. The server was very attentive and tried to answer my questions about the menu to the best of his ability. The restaurant seemed to be doing swift take away business, and while we were there (on a Tuesday night), there was just one other group (of about 10 students) that stayed in.

The food was good but not great. There were no particularly outstanding dishes. However, our food arrived at our table relatively quickly, we came away full, and the bill hadn't made a huge dent in our wallets.

All in all, there's better food to be eaten in Bath.

Pros: inexpensive, large portions, service

Cons: ordinary food

Go to India if you want better Indian food. - Edit

I was working in Bath for a couple of months recently and my hotel proprietor told me about Boojon. Clutching my 4-pack of Grolsch I wandered in one quiet evening. I was greeted like an old family friend and shown to my table in a modern environment with not a roll of flock wallpaper in sight.

At first glance, the menu looked a bit familiar but I ordered and then the pleasure started. Almost NO oil! The freshest ingredients, cooked to perfection with home spicing.

Over the next few weeks I became a regular diner. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff are happy to answer questions and make suggestions for food combinations. Monitored by two brothers like hawks over a nest of chicks, nothing leaves the kitchen without their approval. They support my favourite style of dining: order just a little, eat, drink, talk; order a little more, eat, drink, talk. Repeat until you are sated. If they're not too busy, you'll have the option of some intelligent conversation too. The sag bhaji is divine in its simplicity and taste. Stealing the recipe for the chapattis (as hot and fresh as they can be) would be worth a substantial jail sentence but oh! beg, plead or bribe for a tandoori roti (not on the menu) - the best I've tasted outside Rajasthan. Why not go for broke and try to get them to part with some chilli pickle (also off-menu)? Fiery but oh so tasteful.

With no corkage levied on alcoholic drinks (there's a Sainsburys supermarket 5 minutes away or alternatively the boys have an arrangement with a local pub and can source you some wine or beer from the comfort of your chair) you can enjoy your favourite tipple with absolutely superb food. They serve a range of soft drinks and unlimited tap water.

It's not veg*n but there IS plenty of veg*n choice.

My last visit in my work contract was on Thursday 9th October 2008 with a very special friend. We spent the entire evening with the Boojon Boys and had a truly memorable time and dining experience.

At this juncture, I think Boojon ranks in my top two or three dining experiences - I'm looking forward to my next visit.

Pros: Excellent food, Excellent service, Excellent dining experience

Cons: Still thinking... but, Change from filter to fresh coffee!

Return to Bath Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boojon Tandoori closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1398 times since Oct 2008.