Boo Koo

Contact 415-888-8303

25 Miller Ave, Mill Valley, California, USA, 94941

Serves meat, vegan options available. Southeast Asian street food inspired by the food served on the bustling streets of Bangkok, Saigon, Singapore, and Hong Kong. Use organic tofu and locally grown produce. Previously operated as Charlie Hong Kong; reported name change fall 2012. Mon-Wed 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Organic, Fast food, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Southeast Asian, Non-veg

First Review by R.Dreyfuss

Vegan? - Edit

Don't like writing bad reviews but the employees didn't know what "Vegan" meant. They thought not eating meat was Vegan. So if you go there, ask kitchen staff to make sure no animal products are used in your food.

Awesome little dive with Mouthwatering vegan food - Edit

It can be hard to find exotic Asian food in Marin. It can also be hard to find good vegan food--let alone vegan food--in Marin.

Not here.

The atmosphere is fun and hip: the street food concept is on point. The menu is vegan to start, with lots of toppings/add ons such as tofu and yuba. It's one of those things where there's too much to choose from, it's painful. Everything is super fresh and tasty.

Contrary to the review below (I'm sorry you had a poor experience), I've been here a few times and it has been reliable and delicious.

Pricing: Definitely not real street-food price. It's in the $6-14 range...not bad if you're going vegan, but add-ons can be expensive. I've ordered without the meat before, but I don't think they lowered the price (I was too shy to ask.) I would suggest maybe asking if they can, though, and let me know what they say!

If you're familiar with Sol Food, this is the Asian equivalent. (Simple, fresh, yummy.) It's very popular and can get crowded. It's small, but has some outdoor seating. You can also order online and they deliver!

Can't wait to be back.
Updated from previous review on Friday January 03, 2014

Pros: exotic, spicy, delicious, Can Order online, So much fun in the summer

Cons: Can get really crowded, Can be a bit expensive

Yuck! - Edit

Cross-contamination, poor service, subpar food. Ordered at tofu Bento Box for my son. It came with chicken. I asked for them to please change it. They used the same container, just removing the juicy chicken and replacing it with tofu. We had to ask for a clean container. The food was bland, we had to reorder 3 times, as they forgot many part of our order. We all felt a little sick later in the evening. My husband thought he might vomit. We are easy going and easy to please, this place sucks.

Pros: Location

Cons: Food, Service, Small

Return to Mill Valley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Boo Koo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1018 times since Dec 2010.