Bonita Cafe and Social Club

100 Soi Pramote (Silom Soi 26), Silom Road, Suriyawong, Bangkok, Thailand, 10500

Operating since 2012, this is an old American style cafe with free Wi-Fi. Offers vegan food and drinks with some raw food. It's also a social club for gathering. Previously located at 56/3 Pan St, Silom. Re-opened Aug 2015. Open Mon 11:30am-3:30pm, Mon 6:00pm-9:30pm, Wed 11:30am-3:30pm, Wed 6:00pm-9:30pm, Thu 11:30am-3:30pm, Thu 6:00pm-9:30pm, Fri 11:30am-3:30pm, Fri 6:00pm-9:30pm, Sat 11:30am-3:30pm, Sat 6:00pm-9:30pm, Sun 11:30am-3:30pm, Sun 6:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by travelish

Great place - Edit

Very nice place runner by a friendly vegan Japanese guy and his Thai wife. The food is amazing like the club sandwich and it's incredibly tasty

Pros: Tasty

Good stop - Edit

We had the mango and pineapple smoothie and it was like a sorbet in a glass so tasty and thick, we also had the date drink which was really nice and different. We also had the green salad which was tasty.

Pros: Nice little cafe , Good food

Lovely small restaurant - Edit

They had western food (no thai food). Really liked the Toast and the salad. And they have two lovely cats :-)

Great Atmoshpere - Edit

Cool spot in a nice area. Had the English breakfast set and baked cheesecake. Everything hit the spot. Bacon was a little too real for me--either way, GREAT service, good vibes and tasty food!

Feels like your at home, seriously. - Edit

This is one of my favourite vegan restaurants next to Ethos and Veganerie Concept.
The decoration of the place makes you feel like your at your uncles or aunts home, super unique.
The owner is so nice, talked about their story, very good service.
The food is amazing, nice variety too.

Pros: Food, Cozyness, Kindness

Cons: A bit hard to find

Wonderful Café and Social Club - Edit

I came here rather on accident, but how lucky!! The café is welcoming and bright; clean and air conditioned. The staff are very friendly, helpful and attentive. The food is delicious, reasonably priced and there are plenty of choices. I will definitely return to Bonita Café!!

Pros: Delicious Food and Plenty of Choices on Menu, Very Open, Clean and Cool Environment , Helpful, Friendly Staff; Reasonably Priced

dont miss it! - Edit

awesome place tucked away in back street. came for breakfast. not the cheapest in thailand but all the vegan food you want and drinks by night. two thumbs up!

Awesome food, nice atmosphere and inspiring owners - Edit

We ate here two months ago and I still think about both the food and the place in general.
I had some kind of teriaky burger which was really good - a bit pricy for bangkok but still cheap compared to the west.

Pros: Awesome food - not thai but not greasy "westen

Cons: A bit expensive

Gimmick - Edit

When I spend three times the price of a local espresso on a coffee, I expect a little more than half a tea-cup of lukewarm 'latte' and extremely patchy wifi. When I reiterated that I wanted an 'extra HOT' latte, the woman took it away to MICROWAVE it and returned it to me after half the contents had overflowed! Granted, after I complained she re-made the coffee, but not really what one expects when being charged the price of two entire meals at a local vegan eatery. Glad I tested out Bonita's coffee before wasting my hard-earned on any of their food.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-03

Wonderful Surprise - Edit

This place was so lovely! It is styled very grandmother bed & breakfast-y, the owner loves running as you can tell that he sells Vibram shoes and most of the books you can read when you wait are either vegetarian or running.
I went there 5 minutes after the opened on Sunday at 11:30am and was the second person there, so no wait time for me.
I had the delicious american breakfast set, the sausage, egg scramble, hash browns and beans were delicious.
They are all vegan and it's a really cute place to hang out in and meet some cool people.
I loved that the staff would come by and check on me and see how I liked it, (this is hardly seen in many thai restaurants).
I can't wait to go back !

Pros: lovely staff, great food, good location

Great Stuff. - Edit

A must go, plenty on menu for vegans in English.

Lovely Cafe with Great Owners - Edit

I feel guilty rating this place 3 stars because everyone was so unbelievably nice and the decor was so cute, but I was a little underwhelmed by the breakfast combination and Caesar salad in terms of taste. I did see some staff interacting with some cats at closing which was heartwarming-- so I do love the place but not sure I love the food (maybe I'm just spoiled by my Western style vegan food options in NYC).

Pros: Ambiance, Staff

Cons: Food :-(

Gorgeous! - Edit

Gorgeous cafe, radiates a peaceful vibe, easy going clean and friendly... I had the Japanese curry (veg with dates and coconut) rather than the tempting looking teriyaki burger - to have something wholesome and a less like what I'd eat anywhere else - it was lovely! With a nice cold Lao beer the friendly staff member recommended. Really chill and unique vibe - the owner is into natural running and ran across the us so there's lots of pix!

amazing food !! - Edit

Great food and service really like the vibe and home feeling !

Great - Edit

This is a wonderful little cafe that is such a cute place to sit- just like your front room. It has a very homely feel and the owners make you feel very welcome. The menu is not huge but the dishes are all 100% vegan and taste fabulous. Try the cheesecake, it's divine! Our only fault is that the portion sizes could be a little bigger.

Our fave place to eat in Bangkok - Edit

Great choice of food with Thai and Western options. The thing that made this our favourite place was the service as they were so friendly and welcoming. Little things like getting a cold towel on arrival were thoughtful and very welcome in the Bangkok humidity.

Definitely recommend eating here.

Food is Decent but Expensive - Edit

the food here is decent and the staff are nice, its a nice small place, has wifi. The menu is quite small and has western food, its very expensive but the quality is good, would recommend coming here at least once but the prices are too high for me to come here regularly.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, good wifi

Cons: very expensive

Faultless Western Food in Bangkok - Edit

Truly fantastic food in a quaint cafe.
We both had 2 All day Vegan breakfasts. Bacon was too much like the real thing!
Lovely service with a smile. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. Highly recommended

Return to Bangkok Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bonita Cafe and Social Club closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.