BongoRoots

Contact 07071977324

Eugenstr. 34, Tubingen, Germany, 72070

Serves meat, vegan options available. Originally vegan only but has added meat to its menu. African Caribbean cuisine, casual set up. Mon-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Fri 6:30pm-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, African, Afro-Caribbean, Non-veg

First Review by frieschmitz

my favorite vegan place in town - Edit

The lunch option is always vegan, the same with the Friday night three course dinner menu.

Daily changing dishes combining African, Brazilian and the local kitchen. Relaxed reggae music is playing often.

Bongoroots also does catering and only serves meat on demand (in contrast to the generic description on HC).

Pros: Lots of "exotic" food, Huge serving sizes, Funny owner

Cons: no delivery service

Great, simple food - Edit

Simple and unpretentious food - a buffet of ragout/casserole type veggies. While it may sound uninteresting it was nothing less than superb. Oily enough to be super tasty without feeling like it was too naughty. Coupled with one of their malty non-beer drinks it made for a memorable meal.

I also tried three types of their own chocolates. The hemp version was very nice. The ginger version was too hot and spicy for me and I abandoned it after a few attempts. The lemongrass version was good enough that I'd drive a few hours out of my way to have it again. (Alert - the white chocolate is not vegan).

Tubingen is a university town so it has that fresh vibe throughout and it carries through into this place. I was there at lunch and it was not busy but I'd expect the evenings would be very exciting. The host was most affable.

All in all I was very glad to have visited this place.

Pros: Simple, Tasty, Lemongrass chocolate

Return to Tubingen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has BongoRoots closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1798 times since Jun 2010.