International
European
Fusion

Vegan restaurant est. 2018. Serves dinner plates, desserts, drinks, and coffee. Example of menu dishes may be an Indian curry, vegan cheese platter, Middle Eastern flavored eggplant, and mushroom pot pie. Relocated from Piraeusplein 59. Open Wed-Sun 18:00-23:00. Closed Mon-Tue.

Venue map for Bonboon
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by MartijnvanGansen

xltortoise76

Points +82

10 Feb 2024

Smaakvol

Heerlijk gegeten. Elke gang was een apart smaak experiment.

Pros: Heerlijk eten, Personeel , Locatie

df.ewalts

Points +139

04 Feb 2024

The new location is even better!

I was already a fan of Bonboon at their old very small restaurant, and the new location has really proven to be a huge upgrade! Middle of Amsterdam, much more room, great interior and even better food. The staff remains friendly as usual :)

Pros: The food, Seating

Cons: Parking in the middle of Amsterdam can be challeng

OzgeGunencSuzen

Points +349

13 Jan 2024

Nice atmosphere, great food, friendly service

We had a real nice dining experience here last night. The food was great and we were very happy with the wine pairing as well. #Veganuary

Pros: The presentation and tastiness of food, The restaurant was nice and cozy, Wine selection

Cons: White wine could have been served colder

AnaKaradarevic

Points +57

31 Dec 2023

Surprising and tasty

I ate here in september with a friend, we had 5 courses. The food was nice, some dishes surprised me (in a good way). But truth be told, the restaurant is quite expensive.

Pros: The tasty food, The wine pairing, The place is very Instagrammable ;)

Cons: Expensive, The staff could relax a bit more

vegantiana

Points +55

07 Nov 2023

Great fine dining experience

The atmosphere and staff were so lovely. The food was okay, but the majority weren’t to our liking at all. Very very expensive.

Updated from previous review on 2023-11-07

Pros: Atmosphere , Staff

Cons: Very expensive

anna.ritchie

Points +444

29 Oct 2023

Wonderful, beautiful, delicious

Everything at Bonboon is wonderful. You can opt for five or four courses (and choose which one you skip) and optionally have a wine or tea pairing. The dishes are usually fantastic (creative, tasty, beautifully presented) and the wines too. Service is excellent.

Pros: Excellent food , Excellent wines (paired with dishes) , Excellent service

Lyn000

Points +24

27 Aug 2023

Vegan fine dining

Had a 4 course menu at Bonboon, each course was paired with a with from a different European country. The entire experience was just amazing and definitely worth a visit.

ErwinKiki

Points +1112

13 Aug 2023

Sooooo nice 🥰

Best in the Netherlands, new place. In a hotel, changing the hotel into vegan🖖🏻

Updated from previous review on 2020-09-26

rxanamz

Points +1014

01 Jul 2023

Suprising

I would like to extend my gratitude to the staff at Bonboon for going above and beyond to make my dining experience worry-free. Their kindness, attentiveness, and dedication to accommodating my dietary restrictions left a lasting impression on me. I highly recommend Bonboon to anyone, especially those with specific dietary needs. It is a haven for individuals seeking exceptional plant-based cuisine in Amsterdam

Pros: Friendly staff, Unique dining experience

MischaDiender

Points +313

28 Jun 2023

Second time here 🤩

Cosy and very nice food 😋. Hidden gem!

Floramac

Points +100

01 Jun 2023

Absolutely fantastic experience

The set menu with wine pairings was just amazing. Good and drink complemented each other brilliantly- our host/ owner was happy to talk about the wines- her knowledge of them apparent
Beautiful evening and eating outside very pleasant

Pros: Food, Wine, Experience

Vege-Niki

Points +1057

04 May 2023

Beautiful concept

We really enjoyed our evening at Bonboon and the food was so fun and inspiring, but I wish it was a bit tastier. I really applaud the experimental attempt, though. It's fun to look at a dish and think "I gotta try this at home because I've never seen it done like this before!".

The 2 things that for me lowered to 3 stars was the tea pairing and the dessert. The teas didn't taste unique enough and I couldn't distinguish how they were supposed to complement the dishes. I'm sure they were picked with utmost care but let's take the floral tea: it wasn't floral enough. The chocolate cake dessert was dry and having grown up with Swedish mudcake (that can be made vegan), I was lacking a fudgy/oozy texture. The staff was so friendly and the venue is in such a cosy and secluded place. I hope I can go back one day and be surprised!

Updated from previous review on 2023-05-04

chickpeatheduck

Points +164

14 Apr 2023

Amazing food & cozy vibe

Such an experience! The food was delicious and the tea was really good (never had tea in wine glasses before!). Staff was so sweet and didn’t mind we were late & the atmosphere was calm & cozy. Definitely recommend if you have the budget.

FIY: it is a lot longer than you might think from the city center, would recommend biking or bus instead of walking like we did (even though the walk was through nice neighborhoods).

Pros: Delicious food & drink, Staff was really nice and professional , Cozy & calm atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

yorke

Points +307

20 Mar 2023

they need to try more but are getting there,

All vegan fine dining you don't find them in a lot of placese.
And its great that bonboon is filling that gap.
But they need to improve the dishes ore lower the prices
We the full 5 course meal and 4 of them were boring, the flavours are to mellow.
The pre desser was amazing! so i see that there is the potantiol to do more creative things.

all-greens

Points +33

17 Mar 2023

Verrassend lekker!

Gisteren hier gegeten met collega’s en ze waren aangenaam verrast dat de vegan keuken zo lekker kan zijn!

mckealy

Points +44

18 Feb 2023

Good food, well presented

Friendly service, beautiful food

Pros: Totally vegan, Good food, well presented, Friendly service

veganlydaisy

Points +479

24 Dec 2022

Excellent Christmas Dinner🎄

We had the six course christmas menu which was all very tasty and made with lots of love and passion! Also the wine and tea pairing was super nice!

asiat3

Points +184

17 Oct 2022

A bit disappointing

I was so hyped to go there and was looking forward to it. We booked it for my b-day (which says a lot with regard to my expectations). The food was okay, don’t get me wrong but it didn’t blow my mind. Also, it wasn’t value for money. For this price and hype, I was at expecting either bigger portions or a better quality. If portions are so tiny, it has to be technically almost perfect, but it wasn’t. Unfortunately I wouldn’t recommend it.

Pros: Nice staff

Cons: Tiny portions, Not amazing technically

Albers

Points +40

09 Oct 2022

Heerlijk maar veel te weinig proteine

Zeer smaakvol maar te weinig en brood bestellen was niet mogelijk

Pros: De 5 gangen waren heerlijk en creatief

Cons: Je moet niet hongerig komen, Weinig tot geen proteïne

AsepticFrost

Points +244

24 Aug 2022

One of the best vegan fine dining experiences ever!

I really loved this place! We had the 5-courses menu. Every dish was perfect, so so rich in flavours and complexity despite its simple ingredients. Staff is very kind and the place is nice (though a bit far from the city centre, but worth a detour!). Price is right for the quality offered. Go try it!!

dester214

Points +526

26 Jul 2022

Amazing experience

The restaurant serves an amazi g multicourse meal with interesting and delicious dishes. They have a wine and a tea menu to go with the dishes, with a lot of interesting teas.

Pros: Good food, Nice non alcoholic drinks

PeterKetelaars

Points +28

15 Jul 2022

Highly recommended

Vandaag weer heerlijk gegeten bij BonBoon. Het vijf gangen menu gegeten en meer dan tevreden weg gegaan. Elk gerecht was heerlijk en uniek zonder dat de smaken elkaar in de weg zitten. Een echte aanrader.

Today we had a delicious meal at BonBoon. Ate the five course menu and left more than satisfied. Each dish was delicious and unique without the flavors of the dishes coliding. Highly recommended.

Pros: Alleen veganistisch eten, Super lekker, Rustig aan de waterkant

Cons: Je wilt meer eten dan dat je krijgt

Veggieboy01

Points +245

Vegetarian
12 Jul 2022

A unique dining experience

After being warmly welcomed by the staff, I indulged in some carefully crafted and creative vegan dishes. Well balanced flavours that create a very party in your mouth, and you are its sole guest.

Highly recommended.

Updated from previous review on 2022-07-12

Pros: Just wow.

DaphD

Points +4935

10 Apr 2022

Fantastic for fine dining, with nice view

This is really nice when you want to go out for a fine dinner. The flavours and textures were really good and they used ingredients I wouldn’t use that quickly. The staff was also very nice!

FranciskaMaarse

Points +106

01 Apr 2022

Surprising & delicious

Nice venue, friendly & kind staff. Food is presented very beautifully and the taste & textures are creative. For a fancy night out this is perfect.

Pros: Fully vegan & tasty, Friendly staff, Creative dishes

EvaMiedemaPouw

Points +280

29 Mar 2022

Culinair afhalen :)

Tijdens de lockdowns hebben wij een aantal keer het heerlijke menu van Bonboon afgehaald in Amsterdam. Ook met kerst hadden wij het heerlijke kerstmenu met verrassende aardperen, knapperige boerenkool en een zeer zuur sprankelend dessert.

Pros: Duidelijke omschrijving van het menu, Heerlijke uitgebalanceerde smaken

Cons: Helaas geen opties voor de (jonge) kinderen

SoppieFloppie

Points +77

15 Oct 2021

Vegan fine dining

Absolutely incredible food. It’s a set menu, you just decide how many courses you want. Every single course was original and delicious! Not cheap but reasonably priced for the quality.

This page has been viewed 20017 times.