Bonbec

Contact +41-313118878

Rathausgasse 18, Berne, Bern, Switzerland, 3011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe in the atmospheric Old Town, a short walk to the major sights. For lunch (12-2pm) and dinner (6-9:30pm), there is at least labeled five vegan items on the menu. Open Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00pm, Mon-Thu 5:30pm-11:30pm, Fri 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-12:30am, Sat 11:30am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Beer/Wine, European, Swiss, Non-veg

First Review by Tashi

great food! - Edit

We loved this place. Definitely my favorite in Bern as far as the food goes. The waitress was extremely friendly as was rest of the staff. I had the vegan lentil curry and it was one of the best I've had (I'm Pakistan so I've had a lot!) and my partner isn't vegan be bad the Ayurvedic chicken curry and he absolutely loved it. Had the cream caramel dessert which was delicious!! For 2 mains, 1 dessert, 4 glasses of wine the total cost was 98CHF. So worth it.

Amazing vegan food in Bern - Edit

I went to Bonbec with my meat eating family who all loved the restaurant, my mum had a vegan option (about 5 mains on the menu & starters & desserts) and absolutely loved it. Typical prices for Bern but you get a decent portion size. Staff spoke English and were very helpful!!

Cozy atmosphere and delicious food - Edit

Bonbec is located in the old town of Bern. It's a lovely and quiet small bistrot that offers a selection of veg food, clearly marked on the menu. The lentils and quinoa with deep fried tofu, shiitake mishrooms and vegetables were very nice. Perhaps a bit expensive, though within range, given its location. Definitely recommended!

Cozy café / bistro in the beautiful old town - Edit

Located in the picturesque arcades near Zytglogge tower, Bonbec is run by a very friendly owner & has a helpful staff. During summer you can sit out front, enjoy a beer or one of their house-made, non-alcoholic beverages and watch the world go by. Try their ayurvedic wrap called 'Govinda' – it's delicious! Management is interested in sustainably produced goods, therefore many offerings are organic &/or fair-trade. What I am missing is a change on the menu every now & then – it lists the same food for quite some time now...
Updated from previous review on Monday June 30, 2014

Pros: Amicable staff, centrally located

Cons: No diversion food-wise, rather long waiting time

Return to Bern Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bonbec closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.