Bona Vita

+420-224-214565

Pasaz Jalta, Vaclavske Namesti 43, Praha 1, Czechia (at same street as St. Wenceslas Square), Prague, Czech Republic

Serves meat, vegan options available. Predominantly non-veg restaurant for tourists with a section of menu for vegetarian dishes using various soy-based mockmeats in salads and sandwiches. Cheese is used in most dishes. Large space with nice interior decorated in tall bamboo and palm tree art. Open 11.00-23.00. Directions: If facing the St. Wenceslas Statue, the restaurant is in a shopping center on the left hand side, about 400 meters before you reach the statue.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, International, Italian, Beer/Wine, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by flamekat

Not for vegans, fine for vegetarians - Edit

The only reason I visited this place was because I was with a lot of people who were looking for a place where they could eat meat. After eating here, I know that I never would have visited on my own. There was only one thing that I was able to eat, as a vegan, and it was a salad. The service had no idea what vegan was and they were difficult to communicate with. There is a vegetarian menu, but none of the dishes were vegan.

Convenient location but Not Veg - Edit

On a past trip to Prague, my husband and I walked here from the St. Wenseclas Statue (Muzeum metro stop), only took 2 minutes. It's on the same big street, located inside a shopping corridor on the left side of street if facing the statue.

The space is large and has nice decoration of tall bamboo trunks, and there is a bar. Seemed very much like a tourist restaurant. The menu is not vegetarian but has a few pages devoted to vegetarian dishes (using faux meats). Vegans beware - just about everything contained dairy.

If you choose to eat here, I recommend that you ask the kitchen to use separate cookware or at least rinse the ware when making your vegetarian dish.

Otherwise, it's only a short walk to Radost FX vegetarian restaurant (past the statue to the right), or walk towards the Astronomical Clock/Old Squre and you will find Country Life veggie buffet.

Convenient in a pinch - Edit

Convenient location in a pinch.
One of the downsides is that the server told us he could not give us tap water (had to buy it from a bottle). Overall, the service was quite rude.
The food was OK, and did come pretty quickly.
We had a salad with avocado which was quite good. The cooked food we had was not that great.

Pros: convenient

Cons: service

So-so - Edit

Not terrible, not great. One plus, is it's open late! One night after trying to go to Albio which closes at 9, we ended up here. Large veggie selection, but mostly with mock meats. Still everything was well made, and the salsa on my boyfriend's fajita was actually fairly spicy! The atmosphere is that of a bar, so I wouldn't recommend it for families, but for two hungry travellers, it was fine.

Pros: Open late, Inexpensive, Central location

Cons: Not very healthy, Wouldn't take my mother

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bona Vita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.