First Review by ThorViolet

Stunning food - Edit

Absolutely loved our visit to Bon Lloc - service was wonderful from making our reservation to leaving, they were so attentive and asked about allergens without being prompted and we're really courteous of this too. We sampled about 7 of the tapas style dishes and they were all beautifully presented, wonderful in taste and incredibly filling and satisfying. A must visit for vegans if you are in Mallorca! Also lots of gluten free options and gluten free bread too. No gf dessert unfortunately when we were there but we were too full anyway!

Pros: 100% vegan, Gluten free options , Lovely staff

Cons: No gluten free dessert

FANTASTIC vegan food! - Edit

Wow such a nice restaurant considering all aspects! First of all the food was just delicious!! So tasty!! Besides that the food was filling, well composed alternatives, they offered gluten free alternatives and served gluten free bread, the staff was super friendly, central location, the restaurant was trendy and simple and clean. Nothing to complain about!

Best (vegan) food ever - Edit

We visited Bon Lloc yesterday after reading a lot of good reviews about it here on Happy Cow. It was such a nice and cozy place. The waiters were very sweet to us, and most importantly - the food was absolutely delicious. It was some of the best food we have ever had.

Pros: Very very delicious food, Interesting food, not just traditional, Cozy place and friendly people

Delicious and all vegan! - Edit

For lunch they offer a great menu for 14,50 euros. For dinner they have different Tapas and great deserts. It´s really recomendable! Unfortunately it`s closed on sundays and they only offer dinner from tuesday to saturday.

Good food, nice place - Edit

We went in this place for lunch. The atmosphere is nice and the food is good!
Daily menu on 4 courses, all vegan. The service is fast (but it was not crowded yet) and prices are low.

Pros: Good food, nice place, Central location, Low prices

Beautiful Environment and Food - Edit

What a fantastic place.

Beautiful Vegan food in a lovely environment. I had the seitan which was really tender and tasty. My wife had the burger which was also lovely. A special mention to the croquettes which were one of the best starters we've ever had.

Wine and beer choice was excellent and it was exceptionally good value. €55 for 2 x three course meals plus wine and beers.

We had a long wait for dessert but, other than that, excellent.

Make sure you book in advance for peak times because this place is super-popular.

Pros: Nice Decor, Great Food, Reasonably Priced

Cons: Slow-ish Service

Outstanding cooking - Edit

The lunchtime menu is delicious and inexpensive. The food arrives quickly and the service is friendly. All we ate was imaginatively cooked and delicately seasoned.
Only downside was the wait for a table. It's hugely popular and it's advisable to book, especially if there are more than two of you. I omg know what it's like in the evening.

Pros: Menu changes regularly, Delicious food, Good value

Cons: Difficult to get a table at lunchtime

Sehr lecker - Edit

Wir waren total begeistert vom super Leckeren Mittagsmenü. Das Ambiente ist schön und der Laden war gut besucht. Der Service war sehr nett und konnte uns in Englisch gut erklären was für speisen zur Wahl stehen. Wenn ich das nächste mal in Palma bin werde ich auf alle fälle wieder kommen.

Pros: Tolles Menüs , Preiswert

Cutting-edge Vegan Cuisine at its best - Edit

The meal we had on Saturday night at this vegan restaurant in the heart of Palma blew us away. A delectable, set 6-course extraveganza, which made me feel like I'd been teleported into an episode of Master Chef. Toni Rodriguez is indeed a Master Chef. Each course a taste sensation and work of art in itself. My two favourite courses were the Seitan (with pan seared to perfection green beans), and the dessert - an intricate chocolate concoction - which was outstanding. Truly the best we have ever tasted (in 33 years of being vegan). I felt throughly spoiled and indulged, and it was a privilege to experience this, especially at such a reasonable price. Three of us went, and it worked out at £20 each including drinks! The food feels decadent but healthy - the Holy Grail, in my view, and no mean feat. The restaurant was packed (in February), including a group from Sea Shepherd who are currently are in the Mediterranean. We were lucky enough to meet - and congratulate - Toni the Chef, who came and chatted with us between courses. We couldn't help feeling a little star-struck - and it's beyond me that anyone would rate this place anything less than 5 stars. This place deserves to be cherished and lavished with all the love (and custom) we can give it.

Pros: Superb food, Lovely subtly nautical colour scheme, Location in heart of city

Beautiful food - typcial spanish atmosphere - Edit

So I´ve been to Bon Lloc a few times and my experience has been different every time.

Once we had to wait a little more than an hour to get food.
The other time we came with a bigger group and got food, but never at the same time.
Then we went and got lots of things, but not what we ordered.

BUT ... I have to say regardless of all that: THE FOOD THERE WAS ALWAYS EXCELLENT!

It´s loud - it´s a bit of chaos .. most of the time, but it´s delicious.

So try it!
Make reservations!!!
Be patient and enjoy the wonderful vegan food!

Pros: the food is super tasty, very creative menue, never boring ... every day a new menue

Cons: timing is not always good, it gets very loud in there, the chairs are not the most comfortable

thank you for a magical 20th! - Edit

Celebrated my birthday at Bon Lloc, the food was so so good and the whole family loved it! I'm still dreaming of the curry ❤️ Thank you for catering to my allergies also!

Cons: Please release a cookbook in English

Delicious food for lunch and dinner - Edit

Bon Lloc is one of my favourite restaurants and it is not only great for vegeterians or vegans. I have been there with several non-vegan friends and they were all impressed.

Lunch is a really good deal. If I remember rightly, a 4 course meal for 14€ and dinner is pricier, but fancier.

Most (not all) staff is really friendly and cheerful.

Pros: excellent food, cosy , open as well on some evenings

Cons: could be open more evenings

worth trying - Edit

I went there on a week day in november: it was cosy and not too crowded; I had a pleasant moment with nice food (I had the caneloni) and excellent wine (the waitress gave us good advice)
Besides, the prices are decent as well.

Pros: good wine, nice neighbourhood

Tasty food, quite bad service - Edit

I was in Palma with my boyfriend last summer and we visited Bon Lloc twice, once for lunch and once for dinner. We found the food very tasty and priceworthy, however the service was quite bad.

The place was packed both times we visited and it was quite noisy and not very cozy. The place isn't very big and there is only one room. As the place was full, people who came around waiting for tables were told to wait at the bar. Well the bar was just a small area, without chairs, very close to the serving area. So people waiting for tables basically just stood around hovering over you as you were eating, which wasn't very pleasant.

The staff was running around, rushing to get the food out. But they weren't very attentive and even though the food came out pretty much as soon as we had finished our previous meal, it was hard to get their attention for other inquiries.

I would probably visit again, as the food was very good, but the service really was subpar.

Pros: Tasty food, good variety

Cons: Bad service, stressed ambiance

El servicio nefasto - Edit

Al entrar estaba bastante lleno pero había unas cuantas mesas libres, sin embargo, el personal, nos dijo en un tono no muy amable que si queríamos esperar en la "calle", le dijimos que si era posible esperar en barra ya que no nos gustaba la idea de estar en la calle esperando (¿?), nos contestó también de mala forma que teníamos que dejarles espacio para sacar platos. Estuvimos esperando viendo cómo con toda la calma limpiaban las mesas, después ya finalmente, sentados, nos atendieron. Una hora de reloj después habíamos comido unas míseras croquetas (que estaban buenas, pero tampoco nada espectacular), veíamos sacar platos y postres a nuestro alrededor y nosotros (3 personas) llevábamos esa hora con 4 croquetas, al quejarnos nos decían que ya salían, pero el tiempo pasaba y nada. Al final, enfadados les dijimos que nos íbamos, ya que es una falta de respeto lo que estaban haciendo. La camarera nos discutió, nos dijo que no podíamos comparar con los platos que salían porque nosotros habíamos pedido "entrante" y los otros no. Todo muy "amable y de un buen lugar". Me dio mucha pena porque estábamos realmente ilusionados por ir y siempre veo que allí Toni Rodríguez hace cursos y tal... Pero el servicio fue lamentable.

Pros: Bonito

Cons: Larga espera, Personal inadecuado, Caro

Bon Lloc - Edit

Oh what a shame!! Food fine but they let themselves down by the service. Friendly enough but considering they don't open until 8pm, you would have thought they would have done this on time, but no. Was gone 8.10 pm before the doors were opened and by that time there was a queue so then it took another 20 minutes to be served our drinks and our order to be taken. Could be a whole lot better experience.

Pros: Food quality, Menu

Cons: Late in opening, Slow service

Good find - Edit

The tourist info directed us here and it was a great find, set menu, €15 for 4 lunch courses so not bad. Waitress was friendly and we had water on the table but they didn't explain about ordering drinks other than water. The food was delicious, I quite like salt but for some it might be on the salty side. I loved and finished every plate.
The place got packed so get there when it opens as it seems there are only 2 waitresses.

Pros: Food was amazing, Prompt service of dishes.

Cons: Could be confusing ordering.

Einzigartig - Edit

Ich Bönnigheim immer vom Algensalat begeistert. Der hat mich wirklich vom Hocker gehauen. Auch die Suppe und die Tortillas waren sehr gut. Alles ging ziemlich flott und war ganz unkompliziert.
Alles in allem ein tolles Erlebnis. Dafür laufe ich gerne wieder 20km vom Ballermann in die Stadt.

Pros: Essen, Preis, Atmosphäre

One of my fav in Palma - Edit

One may think their choice of set dishes for lunch is limited and I saw some disappointed reviews. I went several times and enjoyed all dishes. They do have a menu to choose other dishes tho Im not sure if its just for dinner or also can orther for lunch. I do have to agree tho that they are a bit limited with staff, place is small but with a good quantity of tables and just two busy waitress

Pros: Enjoyed all set choices

Cons: Need more staff, slow serving

I will not be coming back so soon - Edit

Starting with the positives, the gazpacho was truly amazing.
Now everything else.
Choice wise, they have one menu only,and you don't even know the prices for the single items, and the waitress looked at me like I was ignorant just because I didn't know how their restaurant works. Maybe because we werent spanish.
The menu was 15 euros, which is pricey for me, so I ordered just the burger and gazpacho. The burger was extremely salty, it took like three glasses of water to wash it down, and there were no garnishes (?!). It was just a plate with a burger, wtf. It was 6€ for this!!
And I understand the place was busy, it was, but I expect some attention and comprehension. If you don't want to give that, at least have a menu I can look at.

Pros: Amazing gazpacho

Cons: Salty burger with no garnishes for 6€?!, Bad service, too noisy and crowded, Lack of choice, you get the menu or stfu

Worth a visit! - Edit

Was there with two friends and we really enjoyed it! There are four courses with two options to choose from. The main course was a bit too salty, but ok. Every course was flavourful and simply perfect. If you visit Bon Lloc in the evening, you'd have a lot more to chose from. The menu sounded amazing! Thank you Bon Lloc for a good service, good atmosphere and good music!

Pros: 100% vegan, lots of options, cheap

Cons: sometimea too salty

Food good, service not so good - Edit

The food was quite good, I'd recommend it. I had the lunch menu of the day where I could choose between two options each of the four courses, which was very nice.

The price was very reasonable as well.

The service though, was really, really bad. I'm not sure if it was because we weren't Spanish. The place was very crowded too. However, even when the restaurant got less crowded, the waitress didn't stop to ignore us. I took ages until she came back to our table even though she passed by at least 4-5 times each time...

I hope they're friendlier to other people, because otherwise it was a cozy little restaurant!

Pros: Taste, Price, Atmosphere

Cons: Service, Service, Service

Open since 1978 - Edit

This is the oldest vegan restaurant on the island. Recently the owner brought in a new talented vegan chef named Toni Rodriguez. Here is a link to more info: http://www.mallorcavegan.com/bon-lloc-restaurant/

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBwPRWKhIo

Pros: Good food, Good Atmosphere, Good Location

Cons: Sometimes you have to wait

Worth a Visit! - Edit

The place is very popular with locals and tourists - and rightly so! Every time we went there we had to be quite lucky to find a free table so don't be disappointed if you go there and there is no space available. The interior is cozy and inviting yet modern.
The crostada which I had was very tasty, service was fast, very friendly, and helpful. The waitress spoke very good English so communication was not a problem although the menu was only available in Spanish which I'm not very fluent in. We paid about 8 Euros for two desserts and two coffees which is a very reasonable price concerning that food and beverage tasted amazing!

Pros: Close to the city centre, Reasonable prizes, Friendly staff and nice interior

Almost perfect. - Edit

An overall very pleasant experience. In the middle of Palma, this restaurant is very easy to find, and offers everything one could ask for after a long day of exploring the island: great food, speedy and friendly service, and a calming atmosphere. We enjoyed our experience here so much, that we decided to rate it with five purple cows - despite the fact the waitress was wearing croqs! ;)

Pros: Great food & vegan wine, Fast service, Relaxing atmosphere

Cons: Limited menu

Stressed - Edit

This resturant is in a central location and is one of these one menu with few option places. When I was there they where very stressed.

The food was first either a juice or a Sallad which is what I went with. The second was two types of soup, I had the fennel soup which was so-so. Then I went with the polenta which was drained with a tomatoe sauce which I did not like at all (but others might like it) and then the option for deserts was presented but they realised there was only one vegan option so I got the banana cake. I hate banans, but to my suprise it was not that bad.

The stressed thing though, I never got any water that was passed out to all tables, or the chance to order anything to drink. Four courses without liquid was not enjoyable, though I should just have asked but I am a shy lone turist in this case.

I will not be back.

Pros: Central location, Know about veganism

Cons: Stressed

Great food, affordable! - Edit

Amazing food!
My partner had the hummus and ravioli while I choose soy burger and raw zucchini lasanga. The food was great (loved the hummus! Really good!), they didn't have the wine we ordered, so they gave us another, more expensive, wine for the same price. Not the best service, but not bad.
Big plus that everything is vegan.

I had an Amazing carrot cake for dessert, wich I recommend!
Both me and my boyfriend was very happy with the night, and he was really impressed (though he's usually more of a bacon loving kind of guy).

Three course dinner and two bottles of wine was abour 63 euro.

Awesome desserts! - Edit

For starters we had three kinds of hummus and roasted pimientos. Nothing otherworldly, but fair enough. As main courses we ordered some sort of pasta ravioli style with pumpkin, yummy but could have been larger, and a spinach quiche with a plum sauce that could have been more prominent. For dessert we had a delicious carrot cake and a strawberry-based tiramisu which was truly something magnificent.

A couple of anecdotes from our dinner: they didn't open until a couple of minutes after the official time, so we were already thinking about what to do with ourselves. Our waiter was new and, while decidedly polite and friendly, really needed to ask before being able to answer questions. Last but certainly not least, the tiramisu was so great that I had to order one, after having eaten my carrot cake.

All in all, this place is clearly above average, especially thanks to the desserts. The fact that the entire dinner menu is vegan is obviously a plus too.

Abwechslungsreich, delikat und sehr freundlich - Edit

Wir waren in unserem Urlaub gleich zwei Mal im Bon Lloc. Nach unserem ersten Besuch waren wir so begeistert, dass wir gleich für die Woche darauf für das Algenspezialmenü reservierten.
Beide Male wurden wir sehr freundlich bedient und mit fantastischen Gerichten verwöhnt. Wir erhielten auch zahlreiche Informationen für weitere vegane Restaurants und Shops.

Simple good food, reasonable price. - Edit

We originally came in the evening but it was closed-check before you go if it's open! We came back the next day and had lunch and were pleased we did. Simple but smart deco, friendly staff. There were vegan options for each of the 4 courses. Rotating menu. Food was good.. Simple dishes that were done well. Reasonable prices :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Good location, Good atmosphere

Take Stock of Bon Lloc - Edit

Tasteful and relaxing surroundings; friendly service; a great value menu and well put together enjoyable dishes. Definitely recommended - the sort of place you'd go back to lots of times if you lived in Palma.
Quite a few reviews or listings seem to say that it's only open at lunch times. But we went in the evening - it seems to be open then towards the end of the week.

Pros: Tasty Food, Decor, Old Town Location

Not too bad but service a bit lacking - Edit

We went to Bon Lloc on Saturday lunchtime while visiting Palma for the day.

We had the four course set meal which I think was the only option available, for a good value 14.50 Euros each.
Starters were either a hearty salad or melon, followed by a cauliflower or dhal soup. We both had the salad and one each of the soups. The salad was impressive and both of the soups were good.

The next course was either stuffed aubergine or stuffed potato skins. We had one of each but we both preferred the stuffed potato skins, although there was nothing wrong with the aubergine.

Dessert was either vegan chocolate cake or a yogurt dish.
Overall it was good value and we enjoyed the food, service was a little missing though. You get water on your table but you have to ask for a drink, they do not ask you if you want anything else than water. We had to get our own soup spoons and you have to go to the till if you want to pay. You would have of course known this if you have been before. This place gets very busy at lunch time on Saturday at least, so go early if you want a table.

Pros: Good value, Nice food

Cons: Service could have been better

Tastefull organic & vegetarian food - Edit

Very nice place to eat, friendly staff. For about 15 EURO per person you have a 4 course meal, made of delicious organic & vegetarian food.

Pros: Great food, delicious taste, Nice and friendly staff, Organic & vegetarian

Cons: Crowded / tiny shop, Parking

Excellent food & friendly staff - Edit

We discovered this restaurant by chance walking in the small streets of Palma.
The menu was composed of 4 starters, 4 main dishes and 4 desserts with more than hald being actually vegan!
We had the zuchinni/tof lasagna which was delicious and the carrotcake as dessert.
The waitress was very friendly and we felt reated like we'd already been here several times.
She was vegan which helped a lot when we were kindly offered a lemoncello after dessert, instead of the usual one whoch was composed of honey.
We went back to the restaurant the day after just to have dessert and the chocolate cake was just perfect!

Pros: Location, Staff, Vegan options

A very pleasant surprise! - Edit

Having been to different parts of Spain before, and tired of being stuck for choice between the Vegetable Paella and Margerita Pizza, Mallorca was a pleasant surprise and Bon Lloc in particular. The food was absolutely top notch.

We went twice, on a Monday and Friday, and the place was busy on each occasion. There are four courses, with two choices for each, and each distinctly different, well presented and cooked.

There was a different menu each day, which well suited us tourists who were only there for the week. I especially enjoy places that do wonderful salads, rather than the usual bits of lettice.

The chocolate cake for the dessert on Monday was particularly spectacular. I felt sorry for the other choice (a yogurt) - but not enough to try it.

Pros: Four courses, well selected and balanced, Price, Loction - right in the centre of Palma

Cons: A bit rushed because it was so busy

Nice ambiance and delicious food - Edit

Bon Lloc is situated in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. When we entered the restaurant we were really surprised that it was completely crowded. Of course this seems to be an indicator that people love to visit that place. Every table was assigned so that we were invited by the staff to wait for a short moment. The strong demand for Bon Lloc food might also be the result of only very short opening hours (1-4pm). The ambiance is very classy and constitutes a fusion of modern spirit, zeitgeist, antiquity, pomp and resplendence. The menu price was 14,50 Euro only ! For every course of the menu there were 2 choices. The plates were prepared very nicely and with love. The staff was friendly and willing to figure out what courses do not contain egg. The food was very delicious! Overall it seems to be a place that is better suited for vegetarians than for vegans but also vegans can find some food. It was great to get to know a place in Palma where only locals tend to eat. There weren't any tourists which was a nice and uplifting experience on an island where (mainly in touristic areas) a fast food battle is taking place.

Pros: excellent food, nice ambiance, friendly staff

Cons: short opening hours, small choice, suited for vegans (??)

Well worth a visit - Edit

Although this isn't in the easiest location to track down, and not all the staff are helpful or smiley, this was the only veggie place we could find in Mallorca. And it was good enough for us to go two days running! It is more of a cafe than its photos may lead you to beieve, so isn't appropriate for a 'romantic meal', as we had hoped. But its a shame that it isn't open in the evening, nonetheless. It was crowded on both the days we visited, and we did see large groups turned away (you can book in advance). It offers a daily set 4-course menu (e13.50)written on a board, which helps if your Spanish/Catalan isn't fluent. You're offered a choice of 2 options for each course: starter (freshly squeezed juice or salad); soup (hot or cold); main course (eg a pie and a rice or cous cous dish) and desert (it introduced me to kefir - a tart and refreshing fruit desert, similar to a drinking-style yogurt - which was much better than the banana cake and berry sauce). Although it purported to sell wine, it wasn't offered as an option by the staff, so we made do with the free-flowing tap water. All in all a good lunch time stop, and as we arrived at 3 and others arrived after us, the 4 o'clock finish is reasonably accurate (although I wouldn't risk it much after 3.30.)

Pros: Good value, good portion sizes, healthy

Cons: some indifferent staff, busy, limited choice

Return to Mallorca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bon Lloc closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7048 times since Aug 2007.