CLOSED: Bombay Indian Grill

217-344-3380

302 S 1st St, Champaign, Illinois, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. A vegetarian section on the menu. Atmosphere is white tablecloth candle lit. Its second location is take-out and quick dining located at 403 E Green St. MAR 2015 REPORTED THIS ONE SHUT.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by PurpleSocialist

Try the lunch buffet! - Edit

I used to visit their lunch buffet almost weekly, to where I knew which dishes were vegan from going regularly. The staff is usually helpful and will walk you through the buffet and what is in each dish (same for people with other restrictions). There is one specific staff person who will answer your questions, but he always looks like he's in a terrible mood and hates his job. Otherwise, drinks are refilled fast and service is pretty prompt. I haven't been here for dinner so have not seen their full menu. The buffet price is slightly high (I like $12 or $13?), but it's all you can eat, and they give student discounts with the I-Card.

Pros: All you can eat lunch buffet

My favorite restaurant in Champaign - Edit

I had never tried Indian food before trying Bombay Indian Grill.
I tried Vegetable Jalfrezie which had great spices but I wasn't too keen on the beans. [I wasn't a big fan of beans at the time].
On my second visit I tried the chana masala which I found to be absolutely delicious! If I could afford to visit Bombay Grill every week I would. It's not an expensive restaurant, IMO, but I know it's not the smartest thing in the world to eat out at restaurants every week on a graduate student budget.

I prefer their location on campus because the wait staff is nicer. The First Street location has one rude server I have encountered each visit. The food is so good so I try not to let him ruin my experience.

You can also place an order for takeout if you prefer.

Pros: flavorful food, lots of vegetarian or vegan options, reasonable prices

Cons: one rude waiter

Return to Champaign Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Bombay Indian Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.