Bombay Grill

Contact 334-502-5200

1251 Opelika Rd, Auburn, Alabama, USA, 36830

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian food menu that's meat-based but does include a section of vegetable main dishes, which can be cooked vegan upon request. Call for hours - tell us.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by Becki

Change in Ownership Ruined Food Quality - Edit

This was once my favorite restaurant. I went at least once weekly for more than two years. However, there is now a new owner, and he has destroyed the integrity of the food. Under the old owner, everyone there knew me by name, remembered that I am vegan and my favorite dishes, and made sure to ask me how my teaching was going. The old owner was very kind, interested in his customers, and very conscientious about making sure all my food was made vegan. However, the new owner is cutting costs by drastically reducing the quality of the food. The rice is served half crunchy, half mushy, which is because he is now mixing short grain white rice in with what he markets as jasmine rice. The buffet once was at least 50% vegan dishes; now I cannot find anything there I can trust is vegan. Several of the best vegan entrees have been removed from the menu, and those that are still made (like the chana masala) tastes very sweet; I cannot detect the spices in it that made it so tasty under the old owner. I asked to speak to the new owner/manager about the change in food quality, and he came out in filthy clothes, scowled at me, would not speak to me, and did not offer to do anything to make the food better. On my last visit the food was inedible. I will not be returning.

good - Edit

Bombay has a few veggie dishes, so we go there quite a bit. IT is really hard to find veg food in Alabama, so we take all that we can get. There are only a few places that we can eat out in town, and Bombay is one of the best.

But if we lived in Chicago I would probably never go there.

Pros: in alabama, decent food, the only veg place in town

Return to Auburn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bombay Grill closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.