Bombay Express

Contact 512-491-5055

13000 N IH35 Building 12 Unit 216, Austin, Texas, USA, 78753

Vegetarian Indian restaurant. Serves both North and South Indian cuisine. Daily changing specials. Many vegan suitable dishes, marked. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by Malavya

Love this place - Edit

I am a meat eater and usually like to have meat in my food. The food at this place is so full of flavor, I do not miss not having meat at all. We eat there about once a week. My wife is a vegatarian and she love the fact that there is no meat being cooked near her food. We say they have the best food in Austin and never get tired of eating there. The owners and their family are so very nice. We now consider them as our friends and love to go by and say hi and eat their fantastic food. Everything there is good. We are trying everything on the menu during our lunch outings there and have not been disappointed yet. I had the Aaloo Tikki today and it was incredible. The evening specials are so delicious that we sit there eating and are always saying "Mmmmmmm" throughout the meal. The prices are great as well.

Pros: Flavorful, Good vaulue., Meatless

Cons: None really.

Excellent food, over 20 vegan choices - Edit

The Bombay Express was a great find on our first night visiting Austin. It is about 3 miles north of the city of off I-35, in the new superWalmart plaza. The food was some of the best and the most authentic Indian cuisine I have ever had. The prices are very reasonable and the portions large. The restaurant is clean and pleasant. They have take-out on most everything. The tablecloths are vinyl and you eat on paper plates with plastic silverware, very casual and this is reflected in the prices. The staff was helpful and polite. A wonderful place to eat, excellent food, and so many choices for vegans!

Pros: Excellent food, Great value, Friendly staff

great! - Edit

this place is great! the staff was very friendly and willing to point out what what vegan. The food was delicious! I highly reccomend it!

Return to Austin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bombay Express closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2967 times since Aug 2007.