Bombay Cuisine

Contact 616-456-7055

1420 Lake Dr SE, Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA, 49506

Serves meat, vegan options available. Previously located in a different location on Lake Dr SE. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-11:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by erbavore

This place is good - Edit

We got the khumb mattar (mushroom and peas in a creamy, velvety tomato sauce served over rice) and the alooh (potato fried bread stuff). It is great and the service is good. It is very pricey. The khumb mattar alone was $12-13 plus the bread is extra. Go with a big pocket of cash and it is totally worth the price.

Pros: Great authentic food, good service, worth the price

Cons: pricey

It's the worst food in the country - Edit

I find myself more of a critic than anything else when going to "Bombay Cuisine," yet the food here has to be the world's worst. I have managed to eat twice at this establishment, and have regretted it both times.

Granted, I've lived in India for 3 years of my life and I can attest that this food is the farthest from Indian food one can imagine. If you want a taste of real Indian food, go to Little Africa. The food (except the bread) is very similar.
At the Bombay cafe, I took my food back 3 times so they could add some flavor to it. At the end, we just left the food, (virtually untouched) on the table.
On a positive note, it is a beautiful restaruant and the atmosphere is incredible. For me, this place would do better as a bar.

This is NOT a place for vegetarians.

Pros: Atmosphere

Cons: Food was HORRIBLE, Price

Return to Grand Rapids Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bombay Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1132 times since Aug 2007.